cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userMlYo72ykul
Asteroid

Re: S8+ Scratching easily

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine has about 100 hairline scratches and I have no idea where they came from. Not to mention, the phone fell about 1 foot from the ground and cracked 2 corners of the phone.i dropped my note 5 multiple times from much higher distance and not a problem. Very disappointed in the screen quality. 

userSDF0CpPwGa
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

that is exactly the kind of scratch I got on my S8+ out of nowhere. I consider this an issue almost as big as the exploding batteries in Note 7 and I don't know why there is almost no talking about this.

I'm sure Samsung is well aware of this problem, but somehow manage to keep it silent. It's inadmissible to put on the market a product wich such a low quality glass. And of course we are doomed to stay with our scratched devices, because in every Samsung service you sent the phone they say it's your fault you scratch it.

userzslqw8pZzq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have A LOT of scratches. And now regretting my purchase. Had mine for 30 days and I keep my phone naked. Had other Moto and Google device in the past bare naked as well but not as much scratches as I've had on the gs8 in just 30 days. My God!

userUxca3qNbOf
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here...

userVFyCWqDwWT
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Had my phone for less than a month and just today noticed a bunch of micro scratches.  I never put my phone glass down and carry the phone only in my pocket.  Its in the pocket alone with nothing there to scratch it.  I had my S7 for over a year without a scratch.

userPnJgWoAqnP
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My screen also got scratched ..it jus got in between my car seat ..for it got 3 scratches..this phone is very soft..it is not making that much impression as a 65000 phone ..very much dissappointed

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah, that is totally to be expected. Sorry your phone got scratched. Glass and sand or dirt particles don't mix.

userSDF0CpPwGa
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
How can you say "is totally to be expected"? I've had my A5 for 2 years now...and there is no scratch on the screen. I've using the S8+ for 2 weeks with extra-care and already 3 scratches visible in light. And we are talking about a premium phone - most expensive one on the market, not a 50 bucks device.

Samsung should do a mass-refurbish action exactly like they did with Note 7. But we are the ones who should put pressure, because otherwise I'm sure they are very happy with keeping this issue silent.
userNXc6U4kuza
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I left the at&t store last night at 9pm put my phone in the phone holder in my purse that has a silky liner, came home and was setting it up till bedtime then set my phone next to my bed to charge. put my phone in my pocket the next morning got to work at 7:30 and was showing my new phone off and i was covered in tiny little scratches!!! i had a note 5 for years that hardly had any scratches!! very, very disappointed, at&t said i had to do something to it and there is nothing that they can do. they have not heard anything of this problem. they are full of it. i can exchange it or cancle.my service for 45.00!!!

userSDF0CpPwGa
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Don't you think it's a bit odd that one of the most important piece of a phone - the glass that covers is - has zero warranty? Absolutely anything that is happening/affecting the glass is considered to be a result of bad use. We, as consumers, are forced to do all kind of workarounds - protective foil, case etc. - just to deal with a bad quality product sold as being premium.