cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user1Pnr0UItBA
Constellation

S8+ Scratching easily

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is anyone else having the problem of their galaxy s8 scratchibg.. I have had mine for about 3 days now and already a small scratched appeared when I took it out of my bookbag which only had my textbooks and pencils. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userPfkNLGDcX9
Constellation

Re: S8+ Scratching easily

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine looks the same way. Very disappointed that the Gorilla glass 5 is this soft that taking in and out of my jeans or pants leaves these abrasions along the edge. My S7 Edge, which never has a screen protector, had no scratches or abrasions.

139 REPLIES 139
usernwwIBPglYK
Constellation

Re: S8 Scratching easily

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Attach856_20170423_092538.jpg

Attach858_20170423_092538.jpg

I've never dropped my S8plus and theres cracking around the bezel. 

user1Pnr0UItBA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you think that Samsung premium will cover this, mine is a small knick but still

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It might, but you'll really want to read up on everything that's covered from the Premium Care page itself here - http://www.samsung.com/us/support/premium-care/faqs/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Nate Dog
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We're you already a premium care subscriber? If not you'll have to endure the scratches for 30 days before your coverage kicks in, and then they'll probably deny it as a pre-existing condition.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hmmmm @Entellex. It being smooth makes me think that's it's something rubbing against it, but that seems like something that would happen after a long period of time. I can't really speculate though cause I'm not the one who put the phone through all the tests. All I know is that it's there, and I'm sure you'd like it fixed/exchanged. Working with your carrier is definitely the right start, other than that you'd have to reach out to the Samsung Support teams directly for further evaluation.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

userNXc6U4kuza
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

this seems to be an issue with the black s8+!! we got 4 phones at the same time and mine is the only black one and scratched up less then 12hrs, the rest are ok!! I have to pay 45.00 to exchange a phone that is less then 24 hrs old!!!

socrfan
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is why I tell people, like it or not, invest in a good phone case. I would never go without it.

usertIcGN1tvgt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a crack there as well and I can't even tell u how it got there...appeared on the 4th day. Wasn't rough with my phone or anything.

userH9mIHneAbo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a regular s8, but the exact same thing happened. This morning I put it in my pocket (BRAND NEW jeans. Took them out of the plastic wrap today) and it looked perfect. After walking around today my phone has 2 lines of micro-scratches about 9mm from either side. 

I'd say it's funny that a flagship device like this is damaged by normal, even delicate use, but it's *my* flagship device.