cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userZXNSXJVwsh
Asteroid

S8 Streaming audio shuts off during play since Android Pie update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My TuneIn Radio, Pandora, PlayerFM, KLOVE, Amazon Music streaming audio apps no longer continuously play since the latest update.  I even made sure these apps were not listed to automatically be put to sleep that run in the background.  I can be streaming on network data or WiFi and it keeps stopping.  I factory reset.  Still happening.  T-Mobile Tech Support told me that the latest Android update automatically closes apps that have been running in the background.  They told me to change the battery settings from Optimized to High Performance Mode.  That fixed the issue but only for that day.   It is still happening.

I agree with a lot of other users that everything was working fine before this update to Pie.

Nothing was broken before!

For the first time in over a decade I'm not pleased with Samsung. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung_JCdDmz3
Astronaut

Re: S8 Streaming audio shuts off during play since Android Pie update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You have to go into the app settings for each app and change the battery usage settings

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung_JCdDmz3
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You have to go into the app settings for each app and change the battery usage settings

userZXNSXJVwsh
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you!   Unbelievable how we have to go in and change so many settings after this latest update to get the device to function like it once did.  All my folders deleted and I have to go back and organize again.

sdotbhowmik
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello.

We recommend checking your "Optimized application list" and confirm that the application you are using to stream music is not listed as being optimized all the time.

Settings>Search for optimized and verify that your app is not on the list!

I hope this finds you well!

^SamsungZell

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.