cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usernqcIzSWtH6
Constellation

S8 Touch Screen Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can still use my touch screen the issue is something is on it and I can't seem to find the right thing to clean it with.  When I try to use my phone for texting for example.  I will hit the A button and it will add something like nnnn.  It no longer registers where I am touching.  I will try to close apps and instead it will open more.  I swipe to close and instead it clicks on something.  I can't even get it to acknowledge that my finger is there for the pattern to unlock my phone.  It keeps saying I lifted my finger when I haven't.  Does anyone have ideas for cleaning the screen that will keep whatever it is off of it.  Wether it is grease or oil that just won't fully come off.  It's been getting worse over the last 2 months and I would really just like to use my phone without getting frustrated.  It's almost impossible to use at this point.  It takes close to 5 minutes to send a 5 word text message.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: S8 Touch Screen Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As long as you are careful, an alcohol wipe can help clean off grease. Otherwise just a simple microfiber cloth should do. Do you use a screen protector on the phone?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: S8 Touch Screen Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As long as you are careful, an alcohol wipe can help clean off grease. Otherwise just a simple microfiber cloth should do. Do you use a screen protector on the phone?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.