cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: S8 Touch screen unresponsive

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code and IMEI number via private message?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the exact problem. My Galaxy S8 is only 4 months old and has always been in a case and has never been dropped. I plugged in my headphones and the screen stopped working. I still get notifications and the blue notification light blinks but the screen is totally blank.

I tried pressing Vol Down and Power, Vol Down + Bixby + Power and other button combinations, the phone restarts but the screen is dead. Looks like an update might have caused this

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the exact same issue. The touchscreen is unresponsive, I can use the power button, the volume buttons, it evens launches the camera when I double press the power button and takes pictures with the volume ones, but the screen remains unresponsive. I have rebooted the phone 4 times and nothing. It also displayed the moisture detected before it stopped working, but the freaking phone has not been near water, it was in it's case in my pocket. Need help.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you been able to solve the problem? Kindly share. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried any of the troubleshooting mentioned in the thread?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

hi, i use a samsung s8. i now have this same problem.pressed down the power key and volume down severally, it just kept rebooting and the screen is still very much unresponsive. i keep getting calls and messages i cant take or reply. please help me . i do not have the code and number you have asked many others to give. i believe its something i could get from inside the phone or the pack, i dont have the pack anymore and im just scared i will miss important informations as more time pass. i dont have funds for another phone. thanks

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This has also happened to me. It first began with only the top half of the screen but now the entire screen and fingerprint scanner will not work. The phone is working and charging perfectly. Holding down the power and volume button only does a general reset on the phone. Like others said, this is a major annoyance. The phone is new and I've only had it for four months. I had to pay for this out of pocket and I am without a phone now. I like Samsung but the constant problems are a definite annoyance. How to fix this??

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the exact same problem as userKQuSPZJL4v had....started with unreaponsive screen at the top an after a while (a week) the rest of the screen stopped working.

It most certinly is a hardware problem, and when it did cost a bunch of money to replace the front and back I guess it's not worth to fix this. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I now have the same problem as other people in this thread have - one part of my phone's touchscreen is just no more responsive - the phone wasn't falling down or damaged or frozen before I got the problem. 

I can't unlock it anymore, so I can't make backups or download my data, and it's very important for me!! 

The suggestion to reset/restart the phone with power+volumedown wasn't working.. 

What is the reason of that? I have shortly done update too.. @SamsungSteph , please help me to solve the problem! 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I am having the same issue, my phone is working fine, the buttons are working, but the touch is not working at all. I did get caught in the rain yesterday but there was no sign that any water got in. There are no cracks in the phone, it has always been in its case. but the touch is not working at all and i don't know what to do

Please help. I have an S8+