cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userKi78xX9f6z
Constellation

S8 Touch screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The touch screen on my S8 isn't working. I can still use all of the buttons on the sides, but the touchscreen and fingerprint scanner aren't working. I can press the power button and pull up the power off menu, and I can take screenshots, and it reads me pressing the bixby button, but the screen isn't responding to me touching it AT ALL.

Any ideas?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userKi78xX9f6z
Constellation

Re: S8 Touch screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I was able to fix this problem, the solution was holding down the power button and the volume down key for an extended period of time which turns off the phone without having to use the screen.

29 REPLIES 29
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @userKi78xX9f6z
I certainly want to assist you further with this matter. To better do that, can the Community have some added details about your specific device and this concern? Things that will help the most would be when you started noticing this happen and what you've already tried to fix it. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userlXWM9JWjrj
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I'm having the same proble as the original poster. However, the posted solution does not work for me anymore (it happened once before, I rebooted and it was fine). The occurrences are getting closer and closer together and the rebooting does not seem to work anymore.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8+. Any ideas?

userlXUwN87cvK
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
ya reboot it then change your settings back to default then go to settings then general management then reset settings back to default.
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userlXWM9JWjrj, were you able to attempt the step detailed by @userlXUwN87cvK?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userlXWM9JWjrj
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes that seems to work. Thanks!

userlXWM9JWjrj
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That seems to work! Thanks so much!

userKi78xX9f6z
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I was able to fix this problem, the solution was holding down the power button and the volume down key for an extended period of time which turns off the phone without having to use the screen.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Awesome! Glad to hear things are good again.  Smiley Happy

userVonxPBqEao
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’m currently having this exact issue with my S8, however none of the solutions are working! Once I hold the power button and volume down button it restarts but still does not work. Sometime  He bottom is f the touchscreen will work. Please help?!