So a couple months ago I bought a S8 active from Ebay. It was refurbished, but it was in excellent condition. Well I get the phone and plug it in and it says moisture detected. Turn the phone on, then try charging it and it works. Couple weeks go by and now I keep getting the moisture detected notification. I found a quick fix, which was deleting storage and cache from the USBsettings, then restarting the phone. And it would let me charge it. So last week I sent my phone in to have the USB port replaced. After the new USB port is installed, my phone no longer charges at all. Instead it flashes temperature to low to charge. It wont wirelessly charge either. My phone battery is at 0%, if I plug my charger in i get the temperature too low message, but I'm able to turn the phone on. It doeant charge, stays at 0 the whole time,but my phone is able to stay on as long as its plugged in. Once I unplug it the phone shuts down. Anybody know what the problem could be?!
Where did you have your device repaired?
They may have messed up, I saw this issue on a guy who was fixing a note 8 on youtube, he just took the charging port out and back on again. They may have just done a small error, take it back and ask about it.
Use Android System Recovery Option to bypass Moisture detected at 0% charge.
When phone is at 0% and it shuts down, the moisture detected error doesn’t let the phone charge even if left plugged in for hours. The screen shows 0% always.
However, the phone charges if it can be turned on till home screen. So I tried a method and it worked for me:
1. Let the charger be plugged in the phone.
2. Press & hold these buttons together: power + volume up + Bixby
3. Android logo will be displayed. Installing system update will show.
4. Press the volume down key several times to enter android system recovery option screen.
5. When you arrive at recovery option screen, Leave it as it is for 10 to 15 minutes. The phone will charge to 5 to 10%.
6. Select "reboot system now" (use volume up/down button|) and press the power button.
The phone will restart and you will see the full screen and charge %.
From there on you can keep charging without the annoying message.