cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: S8 Will not turn on!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There have been a handful of folks that have experienced the same thing. I'm not sure aside from a full reset using the power button + bixby button + volume down(?) button actually let them get into the boot menu. You can try a hard reset that way to just test, and I would recommend if you're using an SD card, to have that removed as well from the phone.

Should it continue to not want to power on, I would highly suggest seeing about getting it exchanged while you still can.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had my s8 for about a month and it was fully charged went to work had it out to check something put it away 10 minutes later took it out to show a co-worker something and it was dead... Would not turn on... Tried the whole volume + power button trick... Nothing... I plugged it in... No light! So I called tmobile and they sent me a new phone... Now this one every few days.... It goes black screen! Like before but I can at least get it back with the volume + power button trick but I shouldn't have to EVERY FEW DAYS! And I've only had this new one 2 weeks! I loved my s7 I never had issues... Hell this is an awesome phone except for this issue! 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ugh...that's sounds like some real bad luck @userJixXMrl4yu. Have you tried after restarting to put it into Safe Mode for like half a day to see if this still happens? If you're using an SD card, have you also tried leaving that out just to test it?

Another thing to check for is any old updates that were never pushed to your phone. Yes it's a new phone, but while in the box, that doesn't mean those updates automatically installed themselves.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've checked for all the updates... I haven't tried leaving it in safe mode... I can try that the only thing is the black outs are totally random... Like one happened today no reason... Picked the phone up off my desk and boom no phone... Had to volume + power it... My friends mom called me and asked if she should go with the s7, s8 or iPhone and I told her definitely go with the s7... 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah, it sounds like for some reason it's hitting some weird sleep/low power state...I could be totally wrong though. Let me know how Safe Mode works out, you can even leave it going for longer if you're just going to test it with some normal features and no applications, aside from the standard ones.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had my phone in the high power saving mode when I went to sleep, because my charger broke, and I would need my phone in the morning  before I had time to buy another, and when I woke up, it seemed to be dead. Same as everyone else, no response when I try to charge it, and no response with the Power + Vol down. I didn't get mine from a Samsung dealer though, I got mine from Amazon, so I don't think I qualify for the warranty.  Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am experiencing this same issue.  Several times a week my phone will simply not wake up.  It typically happens while on the charger at night but sometimes it happens during the day.  The LED indicator light still blinks (if I have a notification) but the phone is completely non-responsive.  I am able to use the Volume/Power combo to reboot it, but that is a workaround not a solution.  Are there logs or anything we can look at to help diagnose this?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

this worked, thanks. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That is so interesting because I had Bluetooth on last night for the first time ever. I thought a knitting app I'd installed and them removed might have been the problem but it doesn't cause problems on any of my other Samsung devices so now I'm thinking Bluetooth.

I'll try holding the reset keys longer--15 seconds has been totally ineffective. Perhaps 30 will do it.

Did you exchange the phone? I've had mine 32 data so I'm not sure if it's still covered.