Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
the1ton
Constellation

Re: S8 Will not turn on!! (SOLVED)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This same thing happens to me. If the phone battery completely drains and the phone turns off it will not charge. We tried the OEM charger and about 10 other type c and other usb chargers ranging from 0.5A and up. Nothing worked until I found a solution. 

SOLUTION: Use Samsung charger ETA-U90JWS with a generic cord. The samsung cord would not charge the phone. You have to use that charger and try different cords until a line starts flashing every few seconds on your screen. After that in about an hour you should see the power ring a lightning bolt. Then in about an hour  you will see 1% and so on. Make sure to turn the phone on after 20% and swtich to an oem speed charger to finish charging as the ETA-U90JWS gets very hot charging the GS8. 

Just wanted to share my experience and solution. Samsung knows about this and is doing NOTHING to help people. 

My phone is recovering from SUPER DEAD MODE with that charger as I type this. This has happened to me like six times now. Thanks Samsung!

View solution in original post

userIO4BovzNZm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry, that didnt work either. Besides, why should you have to go through that all the time. Will seriously be considering another brand for my next phone purchase. Have had samsung for years and were flawless. Now I have 2 models both less than 6 months old with the same issue for both. Note8 and S8plus. Note has already been replaced once and S8 plus will be sent in tomorrow. Appears to be too common of an issue for samsung to not address it. 

userUR1CzDJ0im
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had a problem two weeks ago where the S8 would not turn on after charging all night. None of the remedies worked, so it had to be sent away for repair. Came back, and I had to spend hours to restore everything. 

Today, it would not turn on, but it did restart after pressing the volume down/on keys.

I'm contemplating a class action if this keeps on happening.  Samsung knows all about this, but is quiet on the issue. 

No one deserves such bad service, or repeating breakdowns.

Comments?

userHhl9gYG25d
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ive had this happen twice now, Im now on my thrid replacemnet, I had a apple before this 7 years never one problem with there phone. 

userRPptI5c5Wn
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

hey just wanted to let you know i have solved the power issue, its the power button and the connection to the main board, it dont make a great connection, i took my phone apart fixed the connections now i dont have the issue anymore.....if you want to hear more on how to fix let me know n i can get more in detail

userg0fQwoq33h
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tell me more

userRPptI5c5Wn
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

hey just wanted to let you know i have solved the power issue, its the power button and the connection to the main board, it dont make a great connection, i took my phone apart fixed the connections now i dont have the issue anymore.....if you want to hear more on how to fix let me know n i can get more in detail

userLW7yxPELoA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

just got the charger and i have already tried 3 different cables....still nothing, what charging cable brand did you use?

Gadgetfreak
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I posted the solution here. But put it both on a wireless charger and the OEM USB-C fast charger plugged into the phone together.  https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Note-Phones/SOLVED-Not-charging-Phone-Note-8-S8/m-p/34828...

userWzz24n44g8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Im having the same issue and this is my second go around after my battery has been replaced. Did you try the different cords with the samsunf type c adapter?