cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userEubx2yQYCo
Constellation

Re: S8 Will not turn on!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also having this problem! The first time it happened I had the battery replaced and kept it charged and it worked fine. But I let the battery drain all the way down again and now this brand new battery won't charge and the phone won't turn on. I tried wireless charging via an S10 phone but that did not even work. I'm at my wits end with this phone, it's now just a very expensive paper weight! Has there been any real answer to this problem?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you please send us a private message with the below information here: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

(15) Digit IMEI Number:
Model Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userGB01KF3G21
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue for the past few days and am happy to say I figured my issue out! Hopefully this helps someone who read through most of this thread and didn’t see this same solution.

I had a completely dead battery that would not accept a charge and no combination of button pressing would turn it on (it was completely dead). I tried multiple cables/charger combinations and the wireless charger. Nothing would happen.

To fix it, I placed the phone upside down on the wireless charger and let it start charging (indicated on the wireless charger not the phone). Then I also hooked up the USB charger. This powered the phone to the screen that has the “0% plug in charger” icon. After ~10 mins I was able to turn on the phone by pressing Vol Down, Bixby, and Power for 10 seconds. From there I was able to charge with solely the USB.

Cheers!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried holding down Power+Volume Down to reboot the device?

userJl4chnnk1s
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had the same problem with my S8 plus...  Got the black screen and at first i was able to restart by holding volume down and power on , but after a few days it went totally dead...No charging etc

I think i found a solution to at least my problem

The only place on the phone where water can get in is  in the charger connection.. I took a small brush  and some isopropanol and tryed to clean as good as it was possible. And to my relef my phone woke up and took charging and started up again

I

userSRDGWjJbD9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also having the same issue as others here. I've had my phone for about 1 1/2 years.  A few weeks ago I started having freezing problems, and the "such and such App has stopped" box (different apps each time). I went through a factory reset twice. Now my phone has completely died and nothing I do will turn it back on (I've tried power + down volume as well as power + up volume + bixby button). No led light - nothing at all. When it died, the battery was at about 80%. I am using the charging cord I got with the phone although it stopped being a "fast" charger a number of months ago for some reason.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userSRDGWjJbD9 Can you send a PM here with your full model number and IMEI?

AdSi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just recently received the May security update and 2 days later this same thing happened to me. Phone was charging at 84% then it went dead. I've tried everything on this thread but unfortunately no luck. Why is this such a common issue and Samsung is just quiet.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungTrini Can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message?

userHS5rMxuxTp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi 

I got the same issue.  My S8 plus installed an update. Begin frequently rebooting and after a day went completetly dead. At the point it went dead the phone had 65% battery. 

None av above solution works.