Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user6WNA1SM2fT
Asteroid

S8 battery drains too fast

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

My battery drains ridiculously fast, I didn't use it for two hours, and it drained 15 percent. Then I started using it and I've lost 4 percent in ten minutes and I have to charge it twice a day. This CANNOT be normal.Screenshot_20171208-111830.png

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
user6WNA1SM2fT
Asteroid

Re: S8 battery drains too fast

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks, I disabled chrome and I guess that was the problem because my phones lasted me all day and I'm at 38 percent and it's 11pm. Thanks!

View solution in original post

72 REPLIES 72
userPVrbkjgaPS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can this be some kind of virus problem or some apps or services keep running on the background? I think you can go to battery usage to see which part of the phone consumes so much power.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Most likely it is the apps you're using. Too many requests for info/data/location can result in bad battery life. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@expert ???

user6WNA1SM2fT
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Do I have to delete all Google apps since I tend to use Google chrome as my main browser
user6WNA1SM2fT
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks, I disabled chrome and I guess that was the problem because my phones lasted me all day and I'm at 38 percent and it's 11pm. Thanks!

View solution in original post

userJSzNEJx3xW
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just received a refurbished Galaxy S8 a few days ago. I charged it to 100%. That was at 9 AM.

I did not install any apps. It was down to 30% battery by 6 PM.

Terrible battery life and it was just out of the box. When I actually start using this phone, it will require charging multiple times per day.

userJSzNEJx3xW
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Halo,

I have applied many of the battery-saving tips now. I was just very surprised to see the battery life so short on a "new" phone right out of the box. I wondered if this refurbished device had  a bad battery, but I see many users have expressed concern for the seemingly limited battery life.

I hope to provide an update after I have used the phone for a couple of days.

Thanks for the quick response.

Regards.

userJSzNEJx3xW
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After applying some recommended settings, but not any power saving mode, the battery has used about 8% in just under three hours. Much better.

At present usage, battery life estimated at 30 hours. I know it will be less, but better than before.

Good to know this refurbished unit is operating normally. Thanks again.

Regards.

userRi9L5uUGEd
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I also have the same issue. Can U please tell me the recommended settings you used. Thanks