Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userOvZbtrZtRe
Constellation

S8 battery life expectations

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Greetings,

I just bought a refurbished Samsung Galaxy S8. I have drained the battery completely once and then charged overnight. The expected battery life is 9:48 minutes on full charge, but when I look at the S8 battery specs, it should last 11-12 hours.  The phone is on wifi with bluetooth on, no 4g connection at the moment.  Not sure if I should return the phone, or if this is the expected battery life for a battery that may be 1-2 years old. 

Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
useregLD2gkQwA
Constellation

With the phone being refurbished and being an older phone...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

With the phone being refurbished and being an older phone I think the 9 hours is pretty good... it also depends on what apps you are running, how much power they take etc... my son has my old S8 and he runs between 9-11 hours depending on what he's doing and connection... hope that helps.

4 REPLIES 4
useregLD2gkQwA
Constellation

With the phone being refurbished and being an older phone...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

With the phone being refurbished and being an older phone I think the 9 hours is pretty good... it also depends on what apps you are running, how much power they take etc... my son has my old S8 and he runs between 9-11 hours depending on what he's doing and connection... hope that helps.

userOvZbtrZtRe
Constellation

Re: With the phone being refurbished and being an older phone...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for reply. My old phone was an LG G5 and it had a feature that showed the time when the screen was off, but it wasn't always displaying. It was only showed when the phone was picked up. Does the S8 have this feature with the Always on Display? Or is that feature 'always on' even if the phone is face down and not moving? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: With the phone being refurbished and being an older phone...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I believe if you go to the Always on Display settings there is a way to make the display go off. Go to Settings and search for Always on Display. Make sure the "Show Always" is turned off and check the schedule. It will show during scheduled times.

Bluetooth drains battery. I suggest turning it off until...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bluetooth drains battery. I suggest turning it off until you need it.