cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kalamansi
Constellation

S8 battery life (is this normal?)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been using my s8 for the past two months and im confused if this is normal. The phone works buttery smooth on everything but as soon as I unplug my phone from the charger, it goes from 100% to 99% after a couple of seconds. While using 4g+ under moderate use of facebook (I frequently watch videos on facebook) and other social media apps such as twitter and ig and light gaming is about 4.45hrs of SOT until its down for about 10% and my current screen resolution is 2220x1080. Is this good enough or is there something wrong with my battery? (Oh and I lose about 5% overnight when im asleep and not using the phone. Wifi and everything is turned off) Thanks for the help.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: S8 battery life (is this normal?)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @user1wg6Ebn8a8

That is actually perfectly normal. It is almost exactly what I have on my personal device when I check my battery usage. I definitely would not worry about it at all.

13 REPLIES 13

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @user1wg6Ebn8a8

That is actually perfectly normal. It is almost exactly what I have on my personal device when I check my battery usage. I definitely would not worry about it at all.

Kalamansi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Though I have a defective unit. Thanks for the reply!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Absolutely @Kalamansi its what we are here for.

user3VGhonkQ7u
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

May I ask you what are the exact procedures I should take to improve the battery life on my phone?

The phone was fully charged about two hours and a half ago, now it is at 60%.  The only activities I did since fully charged were listening to Spotify with screen locked (AOD On) and searching for solutions

My Settings are the lowest resolution, about 25% brightness, Bluetooth off along with NFC, mobile data, mobile hotspot, GPS, AutoSync and just about everything else off except for WiFi, AOD and Edge Lighting

I wiped the cache partition and disabled Chrome as some answers suggested

What should I do

@SamsungArthur

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user3VGhonkQ7u

I would look at your connection strength and see if maybe your wifi is having any issues maintaining connectivity. If it drops a lot but reconnects quickly, it is going to be draining more battery. Also, look at your battery usage, see if there is anything major draining your battery. 

user3VGhonkQ7u
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Pretty sure my WiFi isn't dropping and reconnecting.

Also my battery usage is displaying normal stuff, like "Display" which apparently used up 17%, "Android system" used 10%

There's other stuff that used 3% or less such as "audioserver", "android os", "Device Idle", "Applock" and "Google"

Spotify only used 1%, and Samsung Internet 3%

Any problems here?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It does not sound too far off. I would try clearing your cache partition and seeing if that helps at all.

user3VGhonkQ7u
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Already did. Still discharging at the same rate.

I'm beginning to feel hopeless.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Don't feel hopeless @user3VGhonkQ7u! We still have a chance of figuring this out. Have you tried using safe mode for an extended period to see if that helps with battery life?