Ok I've loved the Samsung galaxy's since I got my first oneone, (the galaxy 3) this is now my 4th galaxy phone, 2 of them being this same s8 edge plus!! In which case both phones ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT read ANY sd card I put in!! I've currently tried 3 older cards that have data an them & 3 brand new Sad cards from 3 dif. Manufacturers, all being dif. Memory capacities also!! I'm talking it won't even give me the option to re-format the SD card!!! Because it's not reading that there's an SD card! My first s8 edge plus was warrantied by Verizon because not even they're techs could help me! the Verizon tech couldn't do anything to help even using the remote phone assistance app!! So they had full control over the phone!! Is anybody else having this problem??
Solved! Go to Solution.
Well ya that's what I'm gathering!! But what's the odds I get 2 phone's of the exact same model having the exact same issues?? What I'm wondering is how many people are having this problem?? I'm almost guaranteeing that it's a straight up problem with the whole s8 edge plus product line, maybe even more model's!! I mean with the larger memory sizes available in the phones, half the population/ loyal Samsung customers probably haven't even tried to install an sd card!! So how deep does the problem really fo??
I honestly haven't heard of this issue before now. There is a possibility that the retailer received a bad batch of that specific model. I would definitely reach out to them and explain the situation.
Hi everyone - I had the same issue with my S8 - PC and other phone read SD card but S8 did not. I tried this and it worked:
1. Insert SD card into phone [I sometimes got a brief notification to say SD card was inserted then ejected]
2. Go to Settings > Storage > [SD Card does not show here - don't worry!]
3. In the top right corner, tap the 3 dots > Storage Settings [You should see a new screen and SD card should be displayed; if it's not, the issue could be hardware related or dirty/worn contacts on card/slot].
4. Tap on the SD card and there should be an option to format.
5. Once the Format has completed, you'll see an indication to say SD card is ready to use. Test it by taking several photos and saving to SD card. Restart the phone to confirm the SD card is still available.
I've had my Samsung S8 Active for over a year. Suddenly a day ago, it no longer sees my SD card. With the previous comment, I was able to unmount and mount the SD card in order for it to read it again. Unfortunately several minutes later the reader no longer sees the SD card (the photos do not show in the Gallery). Unmounting and mounting the SD card worked again. Hopefully replacing the SD card will end this problem. Thank you @BorninBaikal.