cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uservWUiCynKra
Constellation

S8 - music playing but it says no open apps

For the past week or so, my phone has randomly been playing the same song (sound like a game app song, like (but not exactly) PandaPop or CandyCrush) at random times. It has happened at 3 in the morning, 6, 8:30.... When I go to open apps and close everything, the song keeps playing. How can I find out where the music is coming from? I've been able to get it to stop playing by restarting, opening a new app, or opening Bixby. 

37 REPLIES 37
userFC0jCoVCvn
Constellation

Re: S8 - music playing but it says no open apps

I am experiencing the same problem for the past week on my S8+.

The same creepy song plays randomly in the middle of the night - every night. On some occaisions, it's in the early morning and once at 11pm.  I do not recognize the song, nor do I have it on my phone as a ringtone or notification sound.  I do not have spotify or pandora on my phone, either. 

I close all programs when it plays and it continues to play. I have to shut off my phone to make it stop. 

I am a web developer and extremely carefeul and aware of security issues, clicking random links, banners, etc... and don't feel as though I have a virus. 

I've called my carrier, Verizon and their tech support has been through my phone and cannot find the problem. 

Please advise! 

userhPQGhKV0A2
Constellation

I ran malwarebytes and it said that the app Aptoide was causing an infection of some sort and to uninstall it. If you have that app maybe consider doing so, but if not then I have no clue what the problem could be. Maybe it's a bug with the new Android security updates.

user12Z1fFHk1F
Astronaut

I had an app called something like MP3 editor and trimmer or something. Yeah it was causing the problem for me  

@userhPQGhKV0A2wrote:

I ran malwarebytes and it said that the app Aptoide was causing an infection of some sort and to uninstall it. If you have that app maybe consider doing so, but if not then I have no clue what the problem could be. Maybe it's a bug with the new Android security updates.

userQepJgMCvJS
Astronaut

For me it seems to have had a connection with Guitartuna, after uninstalling it stopped instantly.

userdg8DcyOGR4
Constellation

I have no such app
userXFIC4sQDNg
Constellation

My Galaxy S6 is doing the exact same thing....usually happening middle of night just loud enough to wake me up. My phone is about paid off and maybe this is Verizon's way of getting me to buy another phone. 

Honored Contributor

Hey folks!

I have another thread that seems to have found a problem with the Restaurant Finder App and it being the cause of weird playing music. Does anyone here in this thread also have that app? Can you uninstall it and see if the music returns? Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userm2rvn7sH66
Astronaut

YES it worked...THANK YOU!!! My phone has been playing the weirdest music at random times and the only way it would stop was to turn the phone off for a long period of time. I uninstalled the restaurant app and it instantly stop playing that annoying music.

Thank you!!!

userFC0jCoVCvn
Constellation

@SamsungViv 

I DO have that RESTAURANT FINDER app... going to uninstall it. 

I had been turning off my media and notifications volume control everynight so it didn't wake me up anymore.  

Really the creepiest thing as there was no way to turn off the eerie music and tho music usually started in the middle of the night, there were 2 other occaisions when I was telling my son and my boyfriend about it - it CAME ON - once at 11:30 at night and once at 7 am in the morning. 

I was able to record the song and have it.

On another note, I have had Restaurant Finder for quite a few years and never had a problem. 

I certainly hope this fixes the problem!  If it does, I will "accept solution" below

I cr