cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userRMBNonjDwy
Asteroid

S8+ not syncing with my Google Calendar

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My S8 calendar has recently stopped syncing new events I create on my Google calendar on my desktop. I've seen other posts where events from the S8 to the Desktop weren't syncing and went through the recommended solutions with no luck. Any ideas?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userj9QUstl8qv
Constellation

Re: S8+ not syncing with my Google Calendar

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yes very frustrating.
The solution I found was to use the google calendar app on my Samsung. Synch works fine with the Google Cal app, and it seems to reset the Samsung Cal app as well
23 REPLIES 23
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @userRMBNonjDwy Just to clarify, if you open your Settings > Cloud and Accounts > Accounts > Google > Three (3) Vertical Dots in Upper right hand corner > Sync Now. if you're connected to WiFi, this may be faster.

userTejAn1VY9c
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userRMBNonjDwy wrote:

My S8 calendar has recently stopped syncing new events I create on my Google calendar on my desktop. I've seen other posts where events from the S8 to the Desktop weren't syncing and went through the recommended solutions with no luck. Any ideas?

Do you have your phone in power saving mode?  I have found this messes with a few of the applications on my S8. I turn it off to sync and then put it back on if necessary.

Good luck.

user8r6JztsVDq
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Definitely when using power saving mode the samsumg calendar app stops synchronizing. Once in normal power mode it updated everything (events created from laptop in Google calendar now can be seen in the phone, events created in the phone now can be seen in Gogle calendar).

You got it all right userTejAn1VY9c ASTRONAUT .

p.d: Samsumg must correct this flaw or at least state clearly so when using this feature. It affects not only the S8 but also the A5 (and I guess all the other models as well).

userRMBNonjDwy
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update: I have turned off power saving mode and made sure I'm on wifi to try and sync. After some more testing, events added to my desktop calendar before 2/23/2019 sync to my phone properly. Any events added to my desktop calendar after 2/23/2019, do not sync to my phone.

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userRMBNonjDwy Have you tried to force sync the calendar since taking the device out of power saving mode?

user8r6JztsVDq
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Definitely when using power saving mode the samsumg calendar app stops synchronizing. Once in normal power mode it updated everything (events created from laptop in Google calendar now can be seen in the phone, events created in the phone now can be seen in Gogle calendar).

p.d: Samsumg must correct this flaw or at least state clearly so when using this feature. It affects not only the S8 but also the A5 (and I guess all the other models as well).

userf71KbDl8P0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem... this is so bizarre! Isn't everybody's phone on power saving mode? switching it off does fix it but what a stupid fault with the OS!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Certainly understand the frustration, I would recommend leaving some feedback in the Samsung+ app so the developers get a copy of the logs.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userDCoE7glGS8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I cannot get any of my calendars to sync.

I've taken it off power mode.

I've uninstalled Google apps and then re-installed to no avail.

I force sync Samsung's calendar and nothing.

I can't even get my calendar's to show up in either app. It's like I haven't added them. And then when I go to add them, it tells me my Google email address is already in use on the device.