Constellation

Re: S8 plus back glass cracked

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same  problem here

userhd4xsV1nsW
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree BECAUSE before I spend xtra $$ on top the high dollar $ for phone I will switch devices,sure dnt hear apple complain about cheap products 

userrYZOm4jkdd
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree with you, I purchased a new samsung s8 and the back glass is very sensitive and it is cracking very easily. Unfortunately, I spent money on replacing it 2 times and it has cracked again, I am tired of replacing it. Samsung will not  do anything, and 3rd party vendor repairs Smiley Sadcharge $80 to replace it.

This should be a recall. I have had samsung phones but never had this issue of back cover getting cracked so easily. 

userK4WS9FDlHC
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Back glass broken

New phone..

Recall please.

FlyGirl724
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My s8 plus cracked in my purse.  Then with continued use the covering cracked and the glass started flaking out of the phone onto my hands/fingers.  I messaged samsung and they offered me medical attention.  Not a replacement phone or just to fix the glass. So since then they said I could send it in for 5-11 days and they would review my phone and decide if I was eligible to have it fixed.  If not the broken phone would be sent back.  The glass has since irritated my fingers so bad that I took the whole back off the phone.  So I have a phone with no back.  Their answer is, I hope all is well.

Thanks

Dmarco79
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Which vendor did you use for $80 repair? 

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @Dmarco79 I would recommend reaching out to one of other lines of support for immediate 1-on-1 assistance and see about setting up an evaluation and possible repair for your device. You can reach out on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/samsungsupport/), Twitter (https://twitter.com/samsungsupport) or by calling 1 (800) 726-7864.

Highlighted
userTf6jUK31cJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

First Samsung phone I've purchased. May be my last. Had this phone for about a month. In back pocket in lifeproof case squatted down and back glass cracked. My iPhones could take way more abuse than these phones. I kept hearing about how great Samsung's phones are, my mistake. 

A moderator keeps saying get in touch for a 1on1 with Samsung support. Everyone knows that's not going to accomplish anything. Is it because they don't want too many talking about this?

userTxlGmMSr6i
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes true.This must be a recall.I bought S8 plus on prebooking & the back glass got cracked.Now the service centre is asking Rs.5000 to replace it.

This is really absurd.Samsung is providing cheap materials & seeking premium prices for their mobiles.

I have been using Samsung from many years just after Nokia was out of the market.Since then this is the first time complaining of poor quality material.You must consider & call back the defective materials.If it's really gorilla glass then it shouldn't get cracked so easily juts after falling from 15" height.

user88rageons8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Very true indeed. I am surely not forking out sgd470 to sgd520 estimated by samsung center to get the screen replaced. Samsung still have not address the issue to have it recalled or having it repaired for free. Truely fustrating.