cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user1CCLo3JIKq
Asteroid

S8 plus blocks view of clock

When I open up a message to read or send, I can't see the top bar with clock, battery %, Wi-Fi and 4G status, etc. The view is blocked. I used to be able to see the top bar. Last 2 updates took it away. Any ideas? I thought the latest update would bring it back. Also seems like "discard" option is missing. Please help! Thanks. 

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: S8 plus blocks view of clock

Does this occur with the device in safe mode?

user1CCLo3JIKq
Asteroid

Tried 2x to start in safe mode but it wouldn't, so I can't tell if it does it in safe mode. 

user1CCLo3JIKq
Asteroid

I finally got phone to start in safe mode... No, it doesn't do it in safe mode. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Do you have a theme downloaded?

user1CCLo3JIKq
Asteroid

@SamsungJoJo @Just my own picture from the gallery. It seems ok now but a new problem has occurred. When on the home screen my clock, battery % and Wi-Fi signal displays are messed up... Double vision-like. But more like another time zone is displaying over the current zone and another's % over mine. 

Slow503
Cosmic Ray

Did you try changing you screen resolution in developer options? Or simply selecting a new theme and changing back? It had issues with some of my video settings when I updated. Also does it show double vision on the rom boot loader if you can access it?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If you don't experience these symptoms in safe mode then it would be a third-party app causing the symptoms you are experiencing. I would recommend deleting your apps one by one to find out which is causing these symptoms.