cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lajuane
Asteroid

S8 plus won't update to oreo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have an At&t s8 plus base band -2BRB1 that wont update to oreo.  Called tech support and they claimed to have pushed it to my phone but still nothing.  I've cleaned my cache and done everything I can think of besides a factory reset. Any suggestions would be very appreciated.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Comet

Re: S8 plus won't update to oreo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungViv wrote:

I see what the problem is, both of you are actually quite a few updates behind. At that point it actually stops doing updates over the air because it could actually cause problems to your device. I would suggest trying to use Smart Switch! When downloaded onto your computer you can use the program to update the device as long as that update was pushed out to your device at one point. You can see more about this program here on our site: http://www.samsung.com/us/smart-switch/

If even Smart Switch considers you too far back you'll need to take the device into one of your carrier's stores to have them push the updates.  Smiley Happy

it may say side by side message after attempting install of the smart switch then one needs this download to try install after downloading this https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5582

its a common issue. mine and others. then its perfect. heres thread referencing this https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Tablets/Smart-Switch-won-t-start-side-by-side-configuration-prob...

View solution in original post

41 REPLIES 41
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @lajuane. I'm glad you reached out here with your concern.
I certainly want to assist you further with this matter. To better do that, can the Community have the exact model number and Baseband version (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as your carrier? Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

lajuane
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm on AT&T, model G955U, S8 plus on base band G955USQS2BRB1. 

Thanks

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I see what the problem is, both of you are actually quite a few updates behind. At that point it actually stops doing updates over the air because it could actually cause problems to your device. I would suggest trying to use Smart Switch! When downloaded onto your computer you can use the program to update the device as long as that update was pushed out to your device at one point. You can see more about this program here on our site: http://www.samsung.com/us/smart-switch/

If even Smart Switch considers you too far back you'll need to take the device into one of your carrier's stores to have them push the updates.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
lajuane
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I didn't think baseband G955USQS2BRB1 was behind.  The at&t site said this is one of the band's right before the oreo update so I've gotten every update until this last one.  

Cwag1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If your phone won't update to Oreo feel blessed, since updating my phone has gone to cr@p and I ain't seen no hope in site.

Angeleyes1125
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you get Orea to update?  If so, what did you do?  I'm having the same issue and I know I've done every update pushed to me.  I've been trying this one for at least two weeks, but it gets interrupted at 24% of it being updated.   

lajuane
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No, I still haven't gotten the update.  I'm not sure what to do next.  I tried the samsung switch and that even says I'm up to date.  

userm8yN9WlGW3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This exactly what mine is doing, stops at 24% on the android part of the update.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Check out this how-to guide on searching for, and downloading, automatic updates. Remeber that an update will only show as an automatic update for your device if, that particular update has been released for that device. Just click on the word Link and you are all set. Let us know if this helps.