cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userEPGu7iffaW
Constellation

Re: S8 plus won't update to oreo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have the same problem. I didn't receive any of uodate. The current software is android 7.0

userEPGu7iffaW
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have the same problem. The current software is android 7.0

userEl0ZYSgVhG
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same identical problem

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userEl0ZYSgVhG: Can I get the following information?

Model Number

Baseband Version

Carrier

usere1A4DoENP5
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model number is S8+

G955USQS2BRB1

ATT

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend reaching out to your carrier regarding this issue.

MajorHavoc
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I REALLY hate that answer.  I too have this problem, and AT&T says contact Samsung, and Samsung says contact AT&T. Sure nice to see you support your hardware so well.  Might just have to go buy a Pixel for my next phone. This is not good customer service. Just saying. 

My phone has NEVER taken an update, running on G950USAU1AQJC

spicyngAf
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Guys you better thank your stats Oreo update is not working. Most S8 that have updated are having one issue or another. Restarting, sensor not working etc. Mine inclusive. And Samsung will not even speak about it.
MajorHavoc
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@spicyngAf wrote:
Guys you better thank your stats Oreo update is not working. Most S8 that have updated are having one issue or another. Restarting, sensor not working etc. Mine inclusive. And Samsung will not even speak about it.

Well, good to know. That said, I do not have all the security updates that were part of 7.x either. 

But here is the problem: Switching service providers is something that happens all the time. As the manufacturer of the phone, you really need a way to let users take their phones and still let them have updates. Even if that means restrictions against things like AT&T are doing here by locking my phone out of updates. 

No carrier, after a phone is paid off, or like mine, purchased for cash, should have the right to restrict my phone from meing able to be updated. 

I will be discussing with the FTC and state consumer agencies, as I believe this is a Samung issue. You are not supporting my phone which is just 1 year old. My phone should not be outdated and unable to be updated in a year.  I get why I should not get AT&T updates, but T-Mobile, my current carrier cannot update my phone because AT&T was allowed to block my phone from getting updates. 

That is just wrong. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

While Samsung does supply the updates, the carriers push them out to the actual devices. This is because they may want to add or adjust some things within the update to be specific and compatible with their own software. I apologize that you feel you are being shuffled around from one company to the other, but once Samsung releases the update it is up to the carrier to push it to the customers.