cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wafflehacks67
Constellation

S8 screen burn.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Galaxy S8 has screen burn, is coverd by warranty? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: S8 screen burn.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@wafflehacks67 apparently I ended up being wrong, and Samsung is fixing these screens with burn in willy nilly outside warranty periods. Who knew? lol

32 REPLIES 32
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@wafflehacks67 apparently I ended up being wrong, and Samsung is fixing these screens with burn in willy nilly outside warranty periods. Who knew? lol

wbknudsen
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@VerbumVeritum wrote:

@wafflehacks67 unless the screen burn in was caused due to a screen defect, it wouldnt be covered. 

This makes no sense.  Screen burn in is a screen defect.  Yes, it's covered under warranty, at least mine was.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

redacted

wbknudsen
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@VerbumVeritumI get it now.  Your statement was just worded strangely. 

user7JYzGY7PMb
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung just fixed my s8+ for Free. Past warranty. Can't be any liquid or physical damage. It is in some sense an manufacturing issue and not one of warranty.

userJnYtTZNqJs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you please send me the case number 

I have same problem 

I said to them my friend get it fixed 

Now they asking case number 

Please

user7JYzGY7PMb
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm past my warranty and they fixed mine for free!

user7JYzGY7PMb
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wrong info. My warranty is past the one year period. About a week ago I noticed serious burn in. Not under warranty I called Samsung thinking that the burn in is not an issue of warranty but a manufacturing issue. I heard that Samsung was really good at customer service.  They must have agreed because they said they would fix for free. They extended my warranty and said that if the problem occurred after initial fix, they would extend my warranty again. They did say that there can be no liquid or physical damage to my phone.  Thank you Samsung!

dougfoglesong
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What specific number are you calling?  I am getting the run around.  I file a claim under premiun care but they are charging me a deductable claiming physical damage instead of 

a screen defect.