Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usernLENC1Nfy8
Asteroid

S8+ screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

IMG_15351.jpg

What's up with this? It just started today. I activated on Friday the 21st. It freezes up the phone and keeps the screen from coming back on, even when trying to power the phone off or on. Has this happened to anyone else?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: S8+ screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh dang, @usernLENC1Nfy8.
That looks horrible! Did you drop your phone perhaps? Or maybe a cat knocked it off a table without you knowing? My cat would totally do that, she senses new breakable things like a magnet. Let's try some troubleshooting steps, just let us know how these go!

1. Clear phone cache. Instructions are here
  2. Restart your phone in Safe mode. This is just to help you isolate the issue if it is caused by 3rd part apps. Instructions are here

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

8 REPLIES 8
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh dang, @usernLENC1Nfy8.
That looks horrible! Did you drop your phone perhaps? Or maybe a cat knocked it off a table without you knowing? My cat would totally do that, she senses new breakable things like a magnet. Let's try some troubleshooting steps, just let us know how these go!

1. Clear phone cache. Instructions are here
  2. Restart your phone in Safe mode. This is just to help you isolate the issue if it is caused by 3rd part apps. Instructions are here

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usernLENC1Nfy8
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No drops. It actually resolved without safe mode after I went through and cleared the cache on each app 1 by 1, before seeing this response. Perhaps that would have been less work. Thank you!

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nice. At least it's working now. I wonder which app was actually being a pain... Oh well! Either way I'm glad to hear that things are working now.  Smiley Happy

usernLENC1Nfy8
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So... now there's a brand new problem. My screen is completely locking me out, not even switching on. There is haptic feedback, Bluetooth stays connected, and I can hear the system sounds of volume being turned up and down. Provider suggested a factory reset or a trade. I tried the factory reset (since my nearest store is currently changing locations and neither are open). Same exact problem. I tried safe mode, and it was still glitching. I guess I'm headed to trade in for another tomorrow. Big headache. I wish that I waited a few weeks instead of pre-ordering. We've been S3, S5, and S7 users. Maybe I should've stayed with the even numbers. Lol!

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm so sorry to hear about the continued problems. While it's no fun, at least there aren't many people with this same problem. None, that I've seen anyway. Maybe it was just a one off. Perhaps it was hurt somehow in shipping. It's hard to say for sure, but keep us updated about the new one!  Smiley Happy

userqQeyIq0U6i
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My also freeze but not like that

@usernLENC1Nfy8 wrote:

What's up with this? It just started today. I activated on Friday the 21st. It freezes up the phone and keeps the screen from coming back on, even when trying to power the phone off or on. Has this happened to anyone else?

My also freeze but not like that

usernLENC1Nfy8
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had to exchange mine. No problems with the new one. Just a glitch, or maybe a drop in shipping. Luckily, I wad within my 14 days. I hope you're covered.

Highlighted
userKwKXsAlpsq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Currently happening to me. The screen static and the screen not turning on. Android auto will work, okay Google and Bixby will work, I can feel haptic, my alarm clock went off,  all kinds of useful things that I can't do with  no screen. I have a replacment I need to pick up tomorrow through T-Mobile. Sadly this is going to be  my 3rd S8+. Both had screen issues.