cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

S8 stuck on boot up screen after trying to update

Hello. 

I was attempting to update the software for my S8 and after the update had downloaded, i selected install now. The update started installing, then as the bar reached 100%, the phone went black - i just assumed it was restarting and that soon the update screen with the little android man and loading bar would appear. It did not. instead my phone is now stuck constantly trying to boot up unsuccessfully. it turns on to the screen that says "Samsung Galaxy S8 powered by Android", stays there for a few seconds and then blacks out again - and then repeats constantly. Turn on, Samsung Galaxy S8 screen, black screen. The phoene had a full battery when i attempted the start up and there's no indication on it chargin if i plug it in (the charging light doesn't turn on). I've also tried holding down the lock and volume down buttons (simultaneously) for nearly a minute but the phone doesn't respond. Please help 

EDIT: I'm now getting a message at the top corner of the screen saying "kernal rev check fail device 7 binary 5" and I do not know what that means. Please help

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: S8 stuck on boot up screen after trying to update

I recommend having the phone evaluated by a certified technician. You can find a service location near you using this link: https://www.ubreakifix.com/samsung

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S8 stuck on boot up screen after trying to update

Your device may be bricked; thus, it can be the reason for the issues you are having. If you want, you can either take it to a tech to have them take it look at it. There are places like uBreakiFix stores depending on where you reside. But if you want, you can also attempt to flash the firmware if you know how to do so. That may fix your issues but at the same time it may not. If you have important data or data you don't want to lose, then I advise you take it into the place I recommended or another repair shop that can take a look at it.