Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userlGJqgKkagH
Constellation

S8 stuck on lock screen, time not updating, unable to soft reset or recovery

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

When I woke up this morning, my S8 screen was stuck at 7:44a and I am unable to lock the screen. 

Symptoms:

- screen stuck on lock screen

- time, and all other items (power status, etc) are not updating

- unable to unlock via fingerprint or unlock button

- unable to reboot

- unable to perform recovery (vol up + bixby + unlock button)

I am of course unable to remove the battery and restart the phone this way. 

Any other suggestions on how to proceed?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Supernova

Re: S8 stuck on lock screen, time not updating, unable to soft reset or recovery

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for getting in touch, @userlGJqgKkagH, I really appreciate you going through that for me.

I totally get how frustrating this must be. Can you attempt a Soft Reset?

1. Power your device down by holding the Volume Down and Power keys until the device shuts off.
2. Then boot it back on and let me know how it responds.

Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

3 REPLIES 3
Supernova

Re: S8 stuck on lock screen, time not updating, unable to soft reset or recovery

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for getting in touch, @userlGJqgKkagH, I really appreciate you going through that for me.

I totally get how frustrating this must be. Can you attempt a Soft Reset?

1. Power your device down by holding the Volume Down and Power keys until the device shuts off.
2. Then boot it back on and let me know how it responds.

Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userlGJqgKkagH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thanks- this worked. I was mistakenly trying vol-up + power vs vol-down + power.
useruuHGeLrULN
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, 

I had the same issue last night (S8 frozen in lock screen + time not updating). 

I shut down my phone (by pressing power and volume down simultaneously ), but I am not able to boot it. 

Any idea to fix this issue ? 

Thanks a lot ! 

Ju