Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userzfhM8mTiQQ
Constellation

S8 stuck on locked screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I noticed that my s8 sometimes refuses to unlock after I press the power button or the fingerprint button. It happens more often while in AlwaysOnDisplay. The phone just takes a while (30 seconds after repeated pressses), and sometimes restart itself.

Can someome help?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Red Giant

Re: S8 stuck on locked screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userzfhM8mTiQQ

Workaround:

Try restarting your phone. Hold down the Power button and select Restart. The issue should be gone, but it may return.

Potential solutions:

Try turning your S8 off and removing your MicroSD card. Does your S8 wake faster without it? Many people have found that the MicroSD card they’re using seems to be impacting the wake time. It’s not clear why this is the case, but it may be because the card isn’t genuine. You can use an app called SD Insight to check whether your MicroSD card is legitimate.

It may be worth backing up the contents of the MicroSD card on your computer and wiping it, then trying it in your S8 again.

Some people report success after a factory reset of the S8. Back up everything on the phone and remove your MicroSD card, and then go to Settings > Backup and reset > Factory data reset.

Acrillix - Samsung Community Valued Contributor Elite Member
Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and "This Helped Me" if it's helpful.
My Blog - Guru of the Galaxies: http://guruofthegalaxies.com/
1 REPLY 1
Red Giant

Re: S8 stuck on locked screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userzfhM8mTiQQ

Workaround:

Try restarting your phone. Hold down the Power button and select Restart. The issue should be gone, but it may return.

Potential solutions:

Try turning your S8 off and removing your MicroSD card. Does your S8 wake faster without it? Many people have found that the MicroSD card they’re using seems to be impacting the wake time. It’s not clear why this is the case, but it may be because the card isn’t genuine. You can use an app called SD Insight to check whether your MicroSD card is legitimate.

It may be worth backing up the contents of the MicroSD card on your computer and wiping it, then trying it in your S8 again.

Some people report success after a factory reset of the S8. Back up everything on the phone and remove your MicroSD card, and then go to Settings > Backup and reset > Factory data reset.

Acrillix - Samsung Community Valued Contributor Elite Member
Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and "This Helped Me" if it's helpful.
My Blog - Guru of the Galaxies: http://guruofthegalaxies.com/