cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userjbmoBD8WAt
Constellation

S8+ suggestions

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was holding out for the 9 but as luck would have it my phone took that fateful fall and so I needed a new one right away. I'm disappointed though shouldn't Samsung give it's users more features instead of subtracting these features For instance....

Edge lighting was free for galaxy 7 edge owners now I have to pay $2. To see my phone light up when it's face down and someone's calling.

The fingerprint sensor why the hell is it in the back. It's the hardest thing for me. It's like I always have to move my finger around like 5,6 times before my phone unlocks. I do have nails and a case so there is that 

The extra button on the side might as well have kept the home button because it's useless. No one needs Bixby when Google assistant or Google voice does the job so much better with more accuracy. Bixby is turned off. I wish I could completely turn it off as it still shows up when I want to use the Mic option in my messages. 

Why is the videos separate? Why is it now combined in the gallery like before with a tab for photos and a tab for videos. Videos automatically play in the gallery but you can't stop it adjust volume or anything until downloading that app.

Why is it so complicated to take a screenshot when before holding the power and the home button was enough now it's like you have to synchronize when you hold the power and the volume down button or else you'll turn down your volume

If the screen is basically edged why does it not have all the features of its edged predecessor . 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Supernova

Re: S8+ suggestions

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I hope this was able to help, if you need any other assistance please let our community know and we'll be happy to help. I hope you have a great week!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

3 REPLIES 3
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I'm sorry to see that you are having difficulty with your new device.

You can activate Edge lighting by going to Settings > Display > Edge Screen > Edge Lighting. From here you can manage which applications trigger this feature and determine when to turn on Edge lighting.

If you are taking video with the Samsung Camera app, this should appear as normal in your Gallery application.

Please let me know if our community can help you with anything else!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userjbmoBD8WAt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
You sure did help Trevor, Thank You so much
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I hope this was able to help, if you need any other assistance please let our community know and we'll be happy to help. I hope you have a great week!