cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userAczEDPexee
Constellation

Re: S8 text messages not sending

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Been struggling with this issue from time to time for a month now. Sometimes my text messages get sent twice if it is not getting stuck on "Sending". I notice this happen more often on group messaging than 1:1.  I am trying Textra for now and see how it goes. I just hope its an issue with Samsung's native messaging app and not with the phone OS (or worse hardware).

userCL4Lbi3HYm
Astronaut

S8 text messages not sending

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Go into the settings in Messages, and look for "Message center". Make sure the number there matches your provider. For example, ATT is: +13123149810
userSxC0W9LbzR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After trying everything I could think of (uninstalling apps, factory resets, etc.), I finally discovered that my issue was caused by the phones Bluetooth. When it's on, the phone's OS and various apps, including the native text messaging app ceases to function properly. When I turn it off, all text messages send immediately, and the OS starts operating normal again (apps download and update correctly, notifications arrive on-time, etc.). I didn't even suspect the problem being the Bluetooth because it's such an fundamental function, but on my phone, I was able to whittle it down to the Bluetooth being the culprit. It's been very frustrating. I've been trying to solve this problem for about 6 months now. I finally figured it out. 

Btw, I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 with AT&T, purchased from Best Buy.

userSxC0W9LbzR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After trying everything I could think of (uninstalling apps, factory resets, etc.), I finally discovered that my issue was caused by the phones Bluetooth. When it's on, the phone's OS and various apps, including the native text messaging app ceases to function properly. When I turn it off, all text messages send immediately, and the OS starts operating normal again (apps download and update correctly, notifications arrive on-time, etc.). I didn't even suspect the problem being the Bluetooth because it's such an fundamental function, but on my phone, I was able to whittle it down to the Bluetooth being the culprit. It's been very frustrating. I've been trying to solve this problem for about 6 months now. I finally figured it out.

Btw, I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 with AT&T, purchased from Best Buy.

userntXRln39o2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got the update for oreo and its promoting the RTC but it won't send a code. I did all the optimization syiff.. I've tried android messenger before and nothing works ! Where is Samsung with the help? 

userMAKooC4kmg
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having problem for days.  Tried many prior suggestions like restarting, clearing cache, cyclin airplane mode, etc.  Nothing worked.  Turned off bluetooth, powered off the phone, powered back on, problem solved.  Will leave bluetooth off for a few days and post if problem comes back.  Very frustrating.  Just bought bluetooth headset. 

Samsung, since this is happening across multiple carriers, the ball should be in your court.  Not acceptableto buy flagship phone and not be able to use bluetooth.  Please respond and resolve.  Thank you.

LizzieSheppy
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have same issue how did you fix it??

userMAKooC4kmg
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

While running Android 7.1, the only way I could fix it was to turn off Blue Tooth, and leave it off.  After my phone was upgraded to Android 8.0, the problem went away.

usercyIP5q8fhU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem...my daughter told me how to fix it.  Type the text message and send it.  Then hold your finger on the text you are trying to send until a bubble pops up.  Click the "send as text message".  You may have to do this a few times with each number until the phone recognizes it and it works automatically.

userlTO6TFSSqz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

a message sending failed how can it be fix?