cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usersBWecmQEDf
Cosmic Ray

Re: S8 text messages not sending

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, I actually updated any that needed it just yesterday so I did go through those first to make sure it wasn't a new update causing an issue. I currently have no apps that need updated. I also checked the phone to make sure I wasn't behind on a software update. 

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Awesome, thanks for checking.

I always hate to resort to it, but you might need to just jump to a Factory reset. Naturally, do a back up first.  After that's been done add the apps slowly back on. The process will probably work better from that direction since you know you'll be starting with the best clean slate possible.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usersBWecmQEDf
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think I was able to resolve the issue without resorting to resetting. I decided to un-install one more app yesterday and slowly re-install others.. I uninstalled Spotify and haven't had any issues since. I think I found my culprit. Thanks for your help! 

View solution in original post

user2Y9ykiuUF2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've actually been having the same issue.. I use spotify all the time so I'm not sure if this solution is great for me. 

usersBWecmQEDf
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there! So I looked at all my past updates from when the issue started and that's how I was able to figure it out. 

Since then I've brought back all the apps I removed except for Spotify and I haven't had any issues. I may in the future try to re-install it to see if the issue stays away or if it comes back but until then I suggest removing it and then restarting your phone. Give it a couple minutes to register that it's gone and test it out. 

usermSsF6fcuto
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Fwiw, I've been having same issue for about 3 weeks. 

userZd79Exedzr
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you have spotify installed?

userW77AqUuF6N
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been having the same problem for about three weeks and I don't have spotify

userRbGanXkMYp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I'm right out of the box, updated everything and can't send texts. Can receive them but can't send them to anyone on an iPhone or an android. This thing is going back if there is no solution to this!
usersBWecmQEDf
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah this must be something faulty on the phone. I never re installed the app that was giving me fits and now it's starting up all over again. This is ridiculous now.