cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userb2VNZFPMuS
Constellation

Re: S8 text messages not sending

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem and it started Yesterday.  I use Spotify all the time, but I have taken it off, and it is still having issues. It shows I have unread emails when I don't. It is constatnly saying sending in text messages and killing my battery. I have taken all the apps off from 3rd parties. I am at a loss...

knit4brains
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I started having this same problem last night and nothing I have tried on my own has resolved the issue. I finally resorted to calling my phone carrier. They initiated a network refresh on their end and advised me to give the phone 2 minutes to rest before restarting. In the meantime, I realized that I had just installed Samsung Flow on my phone to link it with my Tab S3 which is when the problems began. I uninstalled that as well. After the network refresh and uninstalling flow things seem to be working smoothly again.

user3vhVAlQCEL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Me too!

userD8lGawhwkG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well that's really pathetic that you had to uninstall an app that you might need just so you could send a text message.. that seems like the most lame solution that I've ever heard from Samsung or Verizon or whatever carrier you have

mofokevin
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

BS answer.

Where is the Solved portion of the answer?

Remove all apps and it will work..?

HAHAHAHA.

NOT Solved...

userosjdNEP44B
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

what kind of Solution are you suggesting...messages ...simple text SMS messages not working and are in thinking circle mode, so one should uninstall all third party apps? and then update all the other and then if that doesnt help reset to factory default? 

so whats your next step...buy a new phone.

where did you get your troubleshooting tips from?

why should an end user be going through uninstalling all third party apps and resetting the phone to factory default settings, isnt that a waste of time and hassle for an end user.

If that at all is the case, it shouldnt be happening at all that a thord party app or if a thord party app has not been updated it tends to interfere with the native messaging app.

I am facing this problem and for WhatsApp works fine.

So how come whatsapp is not getting affected or getting bogged down by the presence of third party apps and the default messaging app is?

This is something which Samsung or Android has to fix in their code, and not blame third party apps. Fix the interaction of your phone kernel with your apps if they are interfereing with your native apps.

Lame solutions like uninstalling every single app from the phone and then resetting to factory default will leave you with just one option to suggest to the end user.....go buy a new S8.

userTLjLUhvkMB
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Moderator - Samsung's response on this issue is wholly inadequate. This thread is 8 pages long and there still is not an identified fix. How do you guys make a phone that can't send or receive messages correctly? I waited a long time to get a new phone and paid for this one in full and it is quite annoying that you do not know what the issue is, as is evident by having the users do factor resets. What is our recourse? 

user7R46Dlxge2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I took my unlocked S8 to an authorized service center and they told me there was nothing they could do.  Said the reason my phone won't send SMS/MMS is deep into the configuration.  Researching shows that the unlocked S8's don't play nice with Verizon in partcular.  There are software configuration problems with the unlocked version.

Took a gamble and learned how to switch the CSC code to VWZ and flash the firmware to a Verizon version.  Now my S8 works perfectly; sends SMS/MMS messages no problem.  I'm not thrilled with all the Verizon spamware in the software but that's preferable to haveing an expensive phone I couldn't use.  

I don't know why Samsung even bothers to sell the unlocked version phones since they are very hit and miss as to whether they will work or not.  And even when they do, often times there are features missing on the unlocked phones such as wifi calling and so forth.  I like the phone but I'll never buy an unlocked Samsung again

userwhWgi9jVvg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Im experiencing the same problems with my unlocked S8 that I purchased from Samsung directly. Im unable to send Text Messages. Im able to receive texts and able to make/receive calls. I've tried with Puppy Wireless and Redpocket Verizon MVNO. I have called Samsung CSRs many times and sent it to them twice for 'repairs'. No resolution. Very frustrating. Not sure what I should do next. BTW it worked once with Redpocket but then stopped working.

userwhWgi9jVvg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Someone suggested that you can flash the phone to a Verizon Firmware. Any ideas on how to do that?