cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SullivanBiddle
Asteroid

Re: S8 touch screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello all, I've had this phone an S8+ for just over a week and found out as most seem to that the touch sensitivity seems to be terrible. I don't know if this is an acceptable work around for all but I've typed in this entire post without a single error using the stock Verizon plastic screen protector and what I believe to be the most important factor, I'm using the Swype keyboard. I had problems initially with the Samsung keyboard but I've been using the Swype keyboard for years and planned on changing over to it anyway and other than the occasional misspelling of a word due to my error it is totally workable for me.. I'm not much of a typist to begin with and I use the swiping methods of typing to begin with that may also play a roll. When I do misspell something I can usually find the word in the list above the keyboard. My grandson types using his two thumbs and he's faster then I am dragging a single thumb across the screen. Swype has a trial that you might use to see if it helps out for you so there is no loss in trying. And I don't work for them, I've truly just used it for years having found it to be one of the original swiping method keyboards that worked, well as advertised! At the cost I don't believe it's going to break anybody's bank either after all if one can afford one of these phones I'm sure they can afford this, right? I hope that this helps and maybe gives Samsung some ideas as to what they might do to fix the unquestionable issue.

Lastly I have posted this without checking for spelling or grammar so if you see something it is as I typed it. Good luck all, and peace to the world, please!

userTRGBE166WQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I really like my S8, far and away the best phone I've ever owned, curved edges and all.

I have a tempered glass protector, had touch sensitivity issues all along.

Today, almost took screen protector off, then read this post. Made a few tweaks (see below), phone is now very responsive, for me. What works great for me:

Home button sensitivity set to highest sensitivity setting.

I use the Touch Screen Booster app, settings that respond well to my phone, ymmv.

SOOOO glad I put several thoughts on this thread together... didn't want to take off the screen protector because it's already saved the screen once from a drop (has a cute little scar as a reminder).

Thanks for all the help, folks, and I hope this helps you enjoy your nifty S8 phones!

mikey101
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
why the screensaver? gorilla glass!
Dkm
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does the new screen protector cover the whole screen? I got an Otterbox Defender, bought a Zagg tempered glass protector since Defender doesn't come with screen protector for the S8. There is a 1/32nd inch  gap between the edges of the protector and the inside edge of the Otterbox. It interferes with the touch sensitivity at the edges of the phone. I'm thinking about returning to ATT and getting and S7.

Dkm
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Or waiting for the S8 Active.

Highlighted
userur96IWWTAl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you please provde me the screen protector which fixed your issue, any name brand or details will help me

userur96IWWTAl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
can you please provide me the screen protector name/brand or any information where i can get that online. That will help me
usernhHENtr6Xy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I adjusted the home button sensitivity and it helped with the sensitivity on the entire screen.   I also have tempered glass screen protector.   And you can use the fingerprint sensor to swipe down the task bar.  It was the only solution for me.  I hope this helps!

userNhe5ChwMtj
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
this seemed to be my solution as well! I have a pure.gear tempered glass protector
userWK4vz9mfk7
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

are you saying that the pure gear protector works or doesn't work (regarding touch sensitivity)? Thanks.