JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have to push really hard on my screen for it to work Help

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userNhe5ChwMtj
Astronaut

Re: S8 touch screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION
this seemed to be my solution as well! I have a pure.gear tempered glass protector
176 REPLIES 176

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, @userrBdjCOERFw! Are you having trouble with the whole screen or just the home button by chance? You can go to Settings>Display>Navigation Bar to change the home button sensitivity. If that doesn't help, can you go to Settings>About Device and send me the model number and Baseband version of your S8? I'll be happy to look into this further for you! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userHebSBrKDN6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I'm having the same issue. I feel i have to press hard for the screen to "read" my finger, and I can't get the down down menu to drop down without trying a few times.

Baseband is G950USQU1AQD9
Model # is SM-G950U
Doubletap21
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I get that to some extent, but, I assumed it was because of the screen protector. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Doubletap21 brings up a good point! Do either one of you have any sort of screen protector on your S8? If you do, could you test out the screen without the cover on?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
userrBdjCOERFw
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I do in fact have a tempered glass protector but I'm afraid it was 45 bucks and I don't want to pull it off lol

userOcfK7rf5jq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is my problem as well

usergonAeQvvFP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got rid of screen protector and it works much better now.

userMs0fcxg4p2
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Piece of crap phone sorry to say. Takes me FOREVER just to type because the sensitivity just not there... top menu takes forever to drop down... cant sven gdt into my phone because the phone doesnt feel my touch. Sucks balls. Stupux fb menu all way on top instead of bottom. Hard to reach. But the instagram menu on bottom!? Where is the consistency!? So far extremely disappointed. Probably will switch back to iphone... stupid dongle idea. Thx a lot. Sigh smh. Who needs the **bleep** curved edge anyways!? Come on guys! Just make a phone that actually works!

user7wuwWaYzQy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I took the screen protector off because I was not making contact. Tech at store did not have any solution. I am looking at a sylus to use with a Galaxy s8. Any suggestions or ideas?