cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: S8 touch screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I definitely don't want you to waste $45 if there is another way to fix this! Did you get to use the phone much before you put the protector on? Here are a few different things that we could test real quick to see if this is a software problem. Let me know how they go! 

• Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
  • Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  • Clear Application cache. Instructions are here.
  • Restart your phone in Safe mode. This is just to help you isolate the issue if it is caused by 3rd part apps. Instructions are here.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userrBdjCOERFw
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Everything is up to date I cleaned the cache and tried safe mode it's the same it's driving me crazy and I'm not sure if this is relevant but when I turn my phone off and back on I keep getting a message that says DQA has stopped

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't think that the DQA (Device Quality Agent) would have anything to do with your screen, but that problem will be fixed by an update coming out soon, if it isn't already out (I think it might take a little longer for AT&T to have it ready.) 

As for your screen protector, do you have a link to the specific one you bought so I could look more into this? Maybe I can find some reviews that could give some hints as to what's causing this. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usere94yZdHUZH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue and started after i put the screen protector on. Not sure of the specs but i got it from a telstra store. Suuuuper annoying! Is there any way to increase the entire screen sensertivity?

usertx6baXs04m
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issues...it is driving me crazy.  It only works with a stylus and if I wanted a stylus I would have kept my note 5.  So disappointing may have to return the phone Smiley Sad

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usere94yZdHUZH and @usertx6baXs04m is it/do you have a tempered glass protector as well? I haven't looked much into the protectors before hopping in this thread, but I did read that the curved screen can cause some trouble with these types of protectors. Since there is no adhesive in the middle, they actually don't sit flush with the phone. However, it looks like if leave it alone for long enough, it might shit/settle enough to fix this problem. 

As for a setting to change the entire screen's sensitivity, our lab tech told me this actually wouldn't be possible since the only piece of hardware that measures pressure is under the home button. 

usere94yZdHUZH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok well i went into telstra today and got a different screen protector which is like a silicon or something and the sensitivity is perfect. No issue what so ever.

userWK4vz9mfk7
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Which screen protector did you get? i'm having the same issue. i tried 3 protectors already and they all suck.

userWK4vz9mfk7
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

speaking of screen protectors - i've been having the touch sensitivity issue as well. the phone works fine without any screen protector. I've tried the Gadget Guard Ice (glass), the Zagg plastic (which was a nightmare due to bubbles so i took it off) and then bought the Zagg Invisible Sheild. THat one is the worst - you have to press really hard to get any response.  I keep returning these items. Does anyone know a good screen protector that actually is worth the money and works with the S8 without losing sensivitity? 

If so, what brand and model? Thanks!

Steve

mikey101
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No screen protectors are necessary the phone has Gorilla Glass won't scratch