cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userSdQ6UuAxaC
Astronaut

Re: S8 touch screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i have few scatches on my samsung 8.. but i dont mind.. I removed my tempered before because it's hard to type.

Now i got a tempered glass again on my newly repaired s8 screen (worth $300) because it got shuttered and unusable when I dropped it face down on a pointed rock Smiley MadSmiley Sad

so, aside from pressing hard, is their any other solution?

userTECX7rua4f
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow I thought it was only me until I Google it. My screen suckkkks and I refuse to drop it and pay for another. Biggest scam ever! There's no compatible screen protector. 

userwczrk5SttS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you ever find a screen protector that worked?

I'm having the same issue and I am becoming enraged. 

Woman Sad

userWK4vz9mfk7
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

speaking of screen protectors - i've been having the touch sensitivity issue as well. the phone works fine without any screen protector. I've tried the Gadget Guard Ice (glass), the Zagg plastic (which was a nightmare due to bubbles so i took it off) and then bought the Zagg Invisible Sheild. THat one is the worst - you have to press really hard to get any response.  I keep returning these items. Does anyone know a good screen protector that actually is worth the money and works with the S8 without losing sensivitity?  If so, what brand and model? Thanks!

Steve

Highlighted
userRb9yd6yj1O
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My understanding is this:  most of the screen protectors out there have only adhesive at the edges,  because of the curved screen issue.   Ask for your money back on the screen protectors... they don't work and it's a crime that they're being sold.   The exception,  I'm told, is the Whitestone curved screen protector, which is fully adhered tho the screen.   Do a search on Amazon.  I'm expecting mine you come in the mail today.   They look to be a pain to install though.   Maybe there are others out there,  I don't know.   If the Whitestone doesn't work,  I'm not sure I want a $700 phone that I can't both protect and use. 

userWK4vz9mfk7
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the advice. I did watch a how-to video on applying the Whitestone screen protector yesterday. It looks  very complicated - it involves a UV light treatment and noxious fumes. A bit daunting for the average person. I think it also requires a 24 hour drying period. Let us know how it works out!  I'm wondering if i should just buy insurance on the phone and not use any screen protector. Or get a flip case cover. 

userWK4vz9mfk7
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

by the way i spoke to samsung support on the phone today and the rep said that Samsung doesn't even make a screen protector for the S7 (as well as the S8) because of the curved screen issues.  He said he doesn't use a protector at all and just uses a flip case to protect the screen from scratches. 

He said the Gorilla glass is pretty tough and a screen protector won't stop the screen from breaking if the phone is dropped. 

I think i may just buy insurance and screw the idea of a protector. any better ideas?

userugSYAr2A5c
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too am having screen sensitivity issues. I dropped my phone with a rubberized military grade screen shield and a case that protected the edges and it still cracked. I am now using the tempered glass screen otterbox recommended and the sensitivity is horrible.  I hate this phone. The curved screen is useless.

userSd7Lov2dsA
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
when I first bought my S8 I dropped it on the floor of a dollar store and naturally it fell right on the screen on a pebble that was on the floor. it put a big gash in the screen and I even had a protector on the remainder of the phone. so after paying for insurance replacement I did get a tempered glass protector for the screen and it works great. once again, the only issue is screen sensitivity but your postings have helped quite a bit. I would encourage you to use some sort of screen protector, either a film or tempered glass.
userJjkS9isNwV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I dropped my phone the first week I got it and it broke so no it isn't sturdy enough for you not to have a screen protector on it.