cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Red Giant

Re: S8 touch screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usernSBmZth5Wa Would you mind sharing the model number and Baseband version for the device you're having this issue with? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

userNlwKwE4INf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i got the same problem too , its hard to touch bottom right corner and cant even read my touch on bottom screen about 1 or 2 mm from bottom , here my baseban version G950USQS2BQL1 , please notif me on my email is , Thank you in advance

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend reaching out to one of other lines of support for immediate 1-on-1 assistance and see about setting up an evaluation and possible repair for your device. You can reach out on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/samsungsupport/), Twitter (https://twitter.com/samsungsupport) or by calling 1 (800) 726-7864.

userYgRbi0Pea7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

READ THIS FOR SOLUTIONS.  Go to home screen.  Touch and hold in an open spot (not on an app) till it opens up the screen showing widgets at the bottom.  Bottom right is home screen settings, click here.  Turn on "quick open notification panel".  This enables you to open the drop down settings menu and notifications by swiping down anywhere on the home screen (not just the top).  Life saver for me on this phone.

Also, full adhesive tempered glass screen protector on Amazon ($15).  Put it on my wife's phone yesterday and can' wait to get one on mine.  Follow the instructions and get all bubbles out (might have to push them out more than once in an area or two).  If you are patient and get it on correctly should have no problems.  After 24 hrs working great!

userYgRbi0Pea7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Oops, forgot link to full adhesive glass screen protector on amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B077429DP2/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1516338241&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_S...
userQXk4IwpHq2
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have just gotten the S8.  I feel as though I'm taking a hammer to the screen every time I want to use the touch screen.  Sensitivity obviously is a 4-letter word for this model.  Also, anything on the edge of the screen might as well be on another planet.  I cannot access it.  

userRrAyfTovRK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

user65W4g9bQvy
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a S8 model # SMG950U . BASEBAND G950U5QU3CRD4. Maybe u can help me with the sensitivity. 

useroFKSbyPeKY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This isnt really solved until you can adjust the touch sensitivity to if there was no screen protector. I keep reading about a glove mode

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you using a Samsung screen protector by chance?