Constellation

Re: S8 touch screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

One handed mode works a bit

user7wuwWaYzQy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

One-hand is working better. My protector is still off for now. 

userUckZB0Ral8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
@userNhe5ChwMtj wrote:
this seemed to be my solution as well! I have a pure.gear tempered glass protector

This shows as a 'solution' but I don't see a solution to this issue in this post!  I don't feel that Samsung should have marked this as 'solved' without giving us steps to follow!!

Tekno_Punk
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just bought a Nuglas screen protector off ebay for $13.95. Was really easy to put on the phone and I'm having no sensativity issues at all. Hope this helps. 

userUyh0qBGPMG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is this the same thing?

https://www.ebay.com/i/192231874941?chn=ps&dispItem=1

I'm finding a lot of them and I wanna be sure I have the right one

userUyh0qBGPMG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userwbHK6dEUtB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

... I use the ZAGG invisible glass screen... fits perfectly. And I set the sensitivity to being more sensitive going through settings, display, navigation bar ...sensitivity...works great

useroVhmWTZmnx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the zagg tempered glass screen too. When I got my phone home, I was super upset about the sensitivity issue also. I did what you did and adjusted sensitivity and it did help, but still irritating. However, as I have been playing around with my phone, I'm finding it's getting easier to press things. I'm thinking the screen is getting more playable. I can easily pull the menu down now from the top. As someone mentioned above, you put your finger somewhere on the top, I fing right center worked best for me, wait a sec, and you'll see the little pull down arrows, then slide it down. Another girl I work with said the same thing, hers had gotten a lot easier with a little time. So I'm going to hand in there a while, and if it doesn't get even better, I'll try the nuglas screen protector mentioned above. I'm hoping some newer ones come out too. 

userWK4vz9mfk7
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i still think it's extremely lame to have to find a glass protector that you have to "break in" and find workarounds for. This is 2017, not 1960's Soviet Union. Something simple like this should not be taking hours of frustration, reading internet reviews, buying products and returning them. who has time for all this after buying a brand new phone??  

I bought my S8 in April and after a lot of lost time, money and headaches, just dispensed with the protector alltogether. I have a flip cover case so the phone doesn't get scratched when i'm not using it. and also offers some drop protection. and i bought the Samsung insurance plan. if you break a curved screen it's like $300 + to replace so the insurance for a year or 2 might be worth it at 11$ a month. not cheap but i don't worry any more.  Samsung did really **bleep**ty planning on this phone - just look at the failure to launch Bixby. 

Doubletap21
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To be fair, Samsung does not design or manufacture the screen protectors. Different people have had varying degrees of success with different products. For what it's worth, I have noticed another variable in this. When my skin is really dry, the issue seems a bit worse. I beleive temperature and humidity affect the sensitivity through the protectors. Then there are the protectors that claim to resist skin oils. How does that affect this? The problem is with the makers of these aftermarket products. Just because it will stick to the phone doesn't mean it's a good fit. That tiny air gap between the screen and protector is the biggest problem. If they were made to fit properly, it would work fine.