cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user1cyYCKjuov
Constellation

S8+ won't update to android one ui

Hi all.

Just recently bought a phone off Ebay in Australia. However, I can't find any updates for Android One UI. When I try to manual update in setting it says my phone is already updated. I contacted Australian samsung support and they told me my phone originated from America, they then redirected me to US samsung support. I don't know what to do... The model number is SM-G955U1. It's an unlocked samsung galaxy s8+. I also can't find any options for Dolby Atmos.
Could someone help me please. Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
Drewbrew101
Constellation

Re: S8+ won't update to android one ui

I have the same model number S8+ and Unlocked, but I bought mine directly from Samsung. But I think your problem could be cuz your phone is a US Unlocked Phone and will only recieve the update when it rolls out here soon in the US. I could be wrong, but I'm willing to bet I'm right. You'll get Dolby Atmos enabled when you get the Pie update as well.

Teeztu
Constellation

Yeah,i think Drew is right to some point.You're nkt getting the update because your phone is a US unlocked model,howeever you can manually set up the update because its never gonna roll out on your device since its unlocked and not tied to any US carrier

user1cyYCKjuov
Constellation

How do I manually set up the update?
Thanks.

Drewbrew101
Constellation

Actually your wrong, my phone is unlocked yes, but I do use the carrier At&t and my phone was updated to One UI Android Pie and everything is running awesome on my phone. I was posting what I posted because Samsung had updated the US Unlocked model in the S8 phones very last, well actually the S8 Active is last but still the update kinda took awhile and my impatience got to the best of me. And I could have got the beta versions almost a four to eight weeks earlier, but beta OS  upgrades do run into tons of issues and glitches, I'm good with waiting for the stable versions of my OS. Oreo was a very smooth running and had great battery life with my S8+, but I've got just as good or better battery life on Pie. A lot of people are complaining about Pie and don't like Samsung One UI but I think different, its turned out to be awesome and lightning fast running and great performance along with battery life that's great too. It was worth the wait.

userXOVLmit1mG
Asteroid

Try using a VPN & setting the location as the US.

Highlighted
userIbn2kncJkW
Astronaut

@userXOVLmit1mG wrote:

Try using a VPN & setting the location as the US.

I always go for the Best VPN for Android & iPhone as well but still facing the above issue sometimes.

usern3ZbIh7Gmr
Asteroid

Hi my s8+ is also made in the usa i live in uk and still havent received the update? How could i use vpn to solve the problem?

Stolirocks
Cosmic Ray

Consider yourself lucky. The update is terrible. Wish I could go back

userTzI3SrIjKD
Astronaut

That's a shame. I was glad at the announcement of the One UI update initially but this is a disappointment. Least what I can do is connect to Ivacy's VPN server that has received the update of the One UI.