cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

S8plus software version not supported and inability to access my secure folder

My s8 plus software version keeps saying its unsupported making me unable to update it. More so I can't access my secure folder. Please can y'all help out? Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Sun

Re: S8plus software version not supported and inability to access my secure fo..

Your secure folder denies you access because its not up to date? What software update is it?
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S8plus software version not supported and inability to access my secure fo..

As for my secure folder this is what it shows Screenshot_20200925-212259_Secure Folder.jpg

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S8plus software version not supported and inability to access my secure folder

Software update information
Current version: G9550ZHU3DSD1/G9550ZZH3DSD1/G955USQU6DSG7
Security patch level: 1 March 2019Screenshot_20200925-161057_Software update.jpg

Highlighted
Astronaut

@user3eiZW6VniM

You are on a very old Update my friend u have to update your phone.
Highlighted
Constellation

Well... Yeah... That's the thing. But the problem is this error message dosent allow me the room to update it.. Or is there an alternative way I can update my phone software version if not from within phone settings? 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: S8plus software version not supported and inability to access my secur..

there is a few other way to see if u can uodate it

first one is smart switch on your laptop
connect your phone to smart switch on a laptop or computer and ipen the smart switch and u should see an update button appears in the smart switch on your laptop.

if Smart Switch doesn't work either that u need to go on Sammobile and search for ur model nomber and download it manually after that follow the steps in sammobile to how tp use Odin to update the phone.

▪︎If my reply has been helpful please Mark as Solution ✔
& leaving a ❤ is much appreciated