cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
burbaniak
Asteroid

Re: SOLUTION FOR THE CALLER ID HAS STOPPED!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why are there so many issues with this phone? I am also having this issue. 

Other issues Bluetooth audio connectivity. Connecting to my Kenwood head unit via a usbc cable. 

Why do us as the consumer seem to know more of what is going on then Samsung? These plus more issues I have had make this the worst cell phone I have ever owned.

I have already had 1 phone replaced under warranty.

Where does it stop?

userut8Kg6Yb7u
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This does not solve the problem and if you clear data you delete all your files - really that is the solution?

burbaniak
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not only that why does Samsung never respond here? This is not a Samsung Message Board correct?

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ummm... @burbaniak

I do work for Samsung actually.  Smiley Happy

Also, this was an update sent out by Sprint, people with that carrier were the only ones affected. The steps to fix it are all here though, in this thread the same as many others.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userENfe4IE6PG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You posted a solution 10 hours too late when people like myself conduct multimillion dollar business operations on their phone at 5 am CT.  Crapsung needs to have phones with stable firmware updates.  An update should make your phone operate more smoothly not disable it.  It was a good thing i didn't have a medical emergency.  I downloaded BK Disabler and disabled that POS bloatware preloaded by Crapsung.

burbaniak
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

1st off not very professional sound response. 

2nd, what about the rest of the issues? There has been no help. Samsung blames Kenwood. Kenwood blames you product. You have to admit overall these are not good phones.

I have had evey oyther Galaxy S phone. I have never had issues like I have with this S8.

userfsR2dmaS9r
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Solution did NOT work any idea when this will be fixed? I have phone to make and receive calls also paying a lot of money for this phone. I should not have to do a reset on phone which requires me to set everything back up because an app update was released that messed up the caller id app an is "buggy" I understand this may be a Sprint update but apparently they have little info on their site 

userqZzNxPum34
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Didn't work for me.. I can't even find the app on playstore or samsung apps.. what gives? App won't work right and won't allow me to uninstall it. Also a sprint user here.

SamsungIssac
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ userqZzNxPum34 

Hey there, I noticed you were having trouble with your caller ID not working,  I understand how frustrating this must be and I want to let you know that I would be more than happy to assist you with this. Just to avoid repetition, aside from the instructions above, have you attempted any troubleshooting steps yourself? If you haven't already attempted safe mode, I would definitely recommend trying that. You can find the steps to do that here: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-34283. Safe mode will temporarily disable any non-native/3rd party apps that may be causing this. To properly test this, have someone call you while the device is in safe mode and see the caller ID is working. If you are able to confirm that a 3rd party app is causing this you can try and find which application may have caused this by going to the Google Play Store and sorting to see which apps were updated last. Let me know how this works out Smiley Happy.

Highlighted
SamsungIssac
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userqZzNxPum34 

Hey there, I just wanted to reach out to you to see if you were able to find out if a 3rd party app was causing your caller ID to not display correctly. We are always here to help so don't hesitate to reach out Smiley Happy