cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userPQbz7fR0dX
Asteroid

Samsung 256GB SD Card

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I copied all videos to my computer from internal storage.  Then inserted sd card in S8, formatted it and removed it to my computer.  Then transferred all videos to sd card.  When I put sd card back in S8, it would not play videos.  In many cases the videos were not even there.

What did I do wrong??

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Possibly purchased a counterfeit SD card?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Reformatting typically wipes the SD card so it should be empty until you put something on it, then it would have the typical list of folders based on the file types you transfer. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

5 REPLIES 5
Beauregarde
Cosmic Ray

Possibly purchased a counterfeit SD card?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Possibly purchased a counterfeit SD card?

userPQbz7fR0dX
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's definitely not a counterfeit based on that link. What file format are the videos saved in on the computer? You may need to convert those files before the switch to get them to play afterwards. Do you see a similar issue if you're moving over pictures?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userPQbz7fR0dX
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The videos were mp4 which wouldn't play on my computer until I installed Real Player.  When I put them back on the formatted sd card most of them were corrupted.  The card was formatted in the S8.  So, I re-did the whole process of formatting and transferring and now the files don't even show up on the card in the phone.  What folder should the video files be transferred to?  What folders should be on the SD card after formatting?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Reformatting typically wipes the SD card so it should be empty until you put something on it, then it would have the typical list of folders based on the file types you transfer.