cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userhrzjSgpqYT
Constellation

Samsung Account Authentication

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am trying to purchase a widget for my S8+ and an error message pops up saying "Samsung account authentication information has expired ID_1201MSG_Error/U401201. I have tried updating my Samsung account and everything is up to date as far as I can see. Anyone know how to fix this?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dannyhoughton74
Constellation

Re: Samsung Account Authentication

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi  

I think I've found a resolution. It certainly worked for me, I also was continually receiving the annoying pop up when purchasing a theme from the Samsung store. 

With it being an authentication issue, none of the suggestions or disabling auto sync worked, what did work however was a quick Google search of Samsung account. Open the official Samsung account page and log in, I was prompted to set up biometrics... Works flawlessly since. Maybe Samsung have updated something and want you to log in to your actual account 

Would be interested in knowing if this resolves for others. 

Good luck guys 

Danny 

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
userese2cgimRm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem, can anyone help please?

Mgamer
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, did you try to log out and log back in? 

userjqtXRFy8Nh
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same problem...I have tried logging out and back in and changing account info but NOTHING is helping.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I see you have tried some troubleshooting steps already by updating your account information. If this is unsuccessful, you may want to try disabling Auto-sync. Let us know if this helps. 

Disabling the Auto-sync Feature

1. Open your applications list and select Settings (you may also use the quick access menu from the top of the screen and tap on the Settings icon). 
  2. Go to Cloud>Accounts.  
  3. Select Accounts>select Samsung Account.
  4. Tap on the three dots icon in the top right corner>Tap Sync All.

If the error message is still present, go to Cloud>Accounts>Tap on three dots icon>Select Disable Auto-sync.

Highlighted
scwerl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried this and it still says the same thing.  I just got the phone a week ago, did I maybe not set something up?

I have a CC entered, I have the password updated, I have logged out and back in, and went into the setting to change the sync option.  I still get the same message.

scwerl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I didnt realize this was for the S8, I actually have the S7
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@scwerl: Can you describe the symptoms you are experiencing? 

scwerl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried to purchase a wallpaper and i got this message:  Samsung account authentication information has expired ID_1201MSG_Error/U401201

I got a free one, so its something with my account like that or something i think?  I am not a techie, so I dont know what its all called.  Thanks

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you trying to purchase the wallpaper through the Google Play Store or the Samsung Theme Store?