cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user06JoozUPOi
Constellation

Re: Samsung Account Authentication

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am trying to purchase in the store and keep getting this error.  Samsung Note 8.

Help! 

Erin

useroq6tdvhwsQ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It keeps saying on my smart things app that it's failing to authenticate my account and I can't add it to my cloud because there's not even the option to add a Samsung account...it links with my washing machine and I can control it but downloads won't happen because it won't authenticate my account

userXzWfZpn48q
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can't find this. Do you mean the android application lists?

user8lXhoG3bRg
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Then reboot the phone - doesn't work without a restart

Highlighted
dannyhoughton74
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi  

I think I've found a resolution. It certainly worked for me, I also was continually receiving the annoying pop up when purchasing a theme from the Samsung store. 

With it being an authentication issue, none of the suggestions or disabling auto sync worked, what did work however was a quick Google search of Samsung account. Open the official Samsung account page and log in, I was prompted to set up biometrics... Works flawlessly since. Maybe Samsung have updated something and want you to log in to your actual account 

Would be interested in knowing if this resolves for others. 

Good luck guys 

Danny 

View solution in original post

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for the feedback provided. 

userPpO6WH15M2
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung has the worst cloud service ever! I can't do a thing without seeing the same stupid message over and over again. Not the monetion how slow it is and how is always hanging and waiting to proceeed. I can't add Debit or Credit card and always end up with the same message. That's very lame for company that pretend to offer more reliable Android services than Google. You are just annoyngand useless!

userIZ8UNrCMFE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had this same issue on a brand new s9 plus. And I'm happy to say that logging in to Samsung account using chrome or computer fixed the issue .

Oh and thanks goes to userfag8ldndodor whatever the name was for finding the solution 👌

dannyhoughton74
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userIZ8UNrCMFE

I've edited my username to something less random, but appreciate the shout out. Glad it resolved for you 

userYZek6AhpEB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Didn't work for me. I logged in via Chrome on my Note 8 and on desktop, but got no prompt... just the annoying error.