cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung Account Message on Lock Screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was in the store today and halfway to buying a Note 10. Then I look at my old Samsung phone, this notification that will not go away is there. Changed my mind. Gorgeous hardware, stupid software policies and bloat. Ordered the Pixel instead. Only way to stop these stupid anything messages, don't buy Samsung again.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The press and Hold the Samsung account message has so far solved the issue.

Never would thought to press and hold a message to turn it off.

THANK YOU !!!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got the oreo update that was pulled and I do not seem to be able to get rid of the message. I will try again. 

relentless

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

you can only get rid of it on the lock screen, it will still haunt you in the OS. it is there every time I check my phone, no way to turn it off. 

It says "Samsung Experience Service - Notifications"  and when I select details I can only turn it off in the lock screen, it stays on the other phone menus. 

I have the new "pulled" "CRAP" Oreo update. this is a change in Oreo I guess. 

Just too many issues with this pone and the annoying Samsung software. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue after updating.  Pressing and holding the notification gives the options of "Details" and "Save".  The details option gives you the options of "App icon badges", "Allow sound" and "On lock screen" options.  Nowhere is the ability to disable the Samsung notifications all together.   There are Samsung app listings in the Settings > Notification > Advanced but only very few allow the option to fully disable.  The Samsung Experience Service notification which is my main problem is not listed in the advanced options or anywhere else.  The Samsung bloatware is beyond annoying and wishing I never purchased the S8.  Samsung and Bixby bloatware is the worst.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I may have found the solution, fingers crossed, I just tried it. Ok follow along:

Settings

Developer options

Running Services

Samsung Experience

Notification Listener

Settings

Notification Access

Samsung experience - turn this off!!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Nooo!!! It failed as well! :'(
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can't believe that the software companies believe that they can just take over your screen like they own it, not you.  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I believe I have a solution to this.  At least, I haven't had the unwanted notification for an hour now, and it was showing up every 15 minutes or so since I let my S8 update this morning. 

Under settings, click on the blue Samsung account icon in the upper-right corner.  Completely remove your Samsung account from the phone.  It will give you dire warnings about the terrible consequences of removing your account.  Unless you use one of the affected Samsung services, ignore it and remove the account. 

Fingers crossed that it stays gone. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would've done this but I use samsung pay extensively.