cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userqmisUz2gs3
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Account Message on Lock Screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I tried this and it seemed promising but after an hour, the notification returned on my Galaxy S8. So I've deleted my Samsung account on the phone and several hours later, it seems to have done the trick. I haven't re-added the account because I don't use the features that require an account, so far as I know.

FREEDOM!
userlDoDfl44vO
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This actually works. Nothing else I tried stopped this annoying notification! 

usere3reKF6rCu
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SammySungS8wrote:

I may have found the solution, fingers crossed, I just tried it. Ok follow along:

Settings

Developer options

Running Services

Samsung Experience

Notification Listener

Settings

Notification Access

Samsung experience - turn this off!!

I got to this in a slightly different way on my s8+ 

Settings

Apps

Three dots in the upper right

Special Access

Notification Access

Slide off Samsung Experience

SammySungS8
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah, that looks good too. I did this and mine is already turned off, I assume because of the different way it did it. All roads lead to Rome! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
userfKpXHldbFv
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I followed the steps noted - special access - notification access - and then turn off the Samsung Experience, which worked in eliminating the Samsung Account popup HOWEVER, the downside of this is that each of your Ap Icons will no longer show your message count.  So, if you have 5 text messages waiting for you to view, there will no longer be the number 5 on your Messages icon.  So I had to go back and turn the Samsung Experience back on to get this back.

As well, I followed the tip to just delete the Samsung Account, which worked as well, but then you are no longer able to share your pic with other Android users (amongst other things you will lose) so didn`t really like that either, so I re-added my Samsung Account.  

The good new is:  DELETING AND RE-ADDING YOUR SAMSUNG ACCOUNT SEEMS TO WORK! 

I have now gone 24 hours with no annoying pop-ups AND I still have my message count for all my Aps.  Cross my fingers, but hopefully this holds.  

As for you Samsung, I love your phones, but the way you constantly force this cr*p is annoying!  Please stop, before I start considering someone else for my next phone.  Would break my heart, but this is twice in the past 12 months you`ve done this and I have better things to do than spend my weekends figuring our how to stop you forcefeeding me stuff I don`t want. 

userDQrLip9nYt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Worked. Delete the samsung account and re-add it.

Last time going through developer options and stopping it there, worked. Updated....and the samsung "experience" notice of death 🤣  is there again.

Actually now the samsung "experience" is that much less satisfying. Ironic. Samsung needs to get permission before pushing this bloatware to the front of my screen. Small notice, sure- but constantly coming back over and over, and not giving an easy shut off is over the line. And then making me look everywhere and get a solution from everywhere but samsung, makes me not trust them.

Degrades my Samsung customer experience.

Makes me leary about any new updates too, for fear of "son of Samsung Experience" coming back, and so I went into developer and shut off those notifications too.

I will update when I want to. 

Hope you're listening. 

user2svCRH0sYJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I may be wrong, but I expect all you accomplished was to delete the old out-of-date account and reinstall the updated version...if you just went through the update process you would have likely gotten to the same place. And when there is another update it will start nagging you again..
Good luck.
userAkV34QkJ2G
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usere3reKF6rCu wrote:

@SammySungS8wrote:

I may have found the solution, fingers crossed, I just tried it. Ok follow along:

Settings

Developer options

Running Services

Samsung Experience

Notification Listener

Settings

Notification Access

Samsung experience - turn this off!!

I got to this in a slightly different way on my s8+ 

Settings

Apps

Three dots in the upper right

Special Access

Notification Access

Slide off Samsung Experience

This appeared to work for me (Galaxy S7) but a Restart sets the slider On again.

userfYiphRrQJE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried everything everyone mentioned here on my Note 8 and nothing got rid of it for more than a couple hours. I finally decided to just click it and see what happened. I don't know if anyone tried this but here's what I did.

I clicked on the notification and was prompted that I could log in or create a Samsung account.

I clicked next and was asked to accept 3 different terms of service.

I didn't check any of the boxes and just clicked the Next button in the bottom right corner. 

The window closed, the notification went away and I haven't been bothered since.

I did not sign in or create an account, I just skipped the terms of service it was asking me to accept and it closed itself out. Reboted the phone and it did not come back up.  I have been notification free for 3 days now.

Good luck to you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @userfYiphRrQJE, thank you for sharing those steps on the community. I am glad that was able to work for you!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.