Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hermilo
Asteroid

Samsung Dex undocking glitch

JUMP TO SOLUTION

need help with:

-Status bar color after undocking from the Samsung Dex is gray on the home screen, will not change back to white unless I restart.

-Google search widget inop, I have to force close and relaunch the app to search in the widget.

-FB messenger bubble head super tiny after undocking.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Samsung Dex undocking glitch

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Interesting...it sounds like that just undocking is causing some setting changes. This could be a bug that you found...

By chance, what happens if you make sure to close out all running applications before undocking?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Interesting...it sounds like that just undocking is causing some setting changes. This could be a bug that you found...

By chance, what happens if you make sure to close out all running applications before undocking?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

View solution in original post

Hermilo
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the reply, hadn't thought about closing everything. Will do tonight when I get home. I'll post an update.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Look forward to hearing if it helps at all!

Hermilo
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Issue resolved itself for now. Thanks for your input though.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No problemo!

userQMdcgZXogT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been getting lot of glitches lately while using dex and it also make big noise on my tv when the glitches appear.

horse2water
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you've been chromecasting before you hooked up dex, you will need to disconnect from your tv or strange things do happen.
Also if someone else is casting on that tv and you haven't disconnected this can cause problems, lastly if you use an app while chromecasting you need to make sure it's shut down, e.g. recent tap close all apps, just what I've noticed.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
hey... sorry to jump in but... when undocking my dex the only thing I've noticed is my touchless screen wake accessibility (hover over sensor) is turned off and I have to turn in back in accessibility gestures.... Note8
Highlighted
KwisatzCA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When I undock from Dex I notice my icon placement on my note8 screen is all messed up like its been switched to a lower resolution...