cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userG6f0yAh2n7
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Dex undocking glitch

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Its happining to be right now.. How did you resolve this please? 

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userG6f0yAh2n7: Give this a try: 

1. Settings
  2. Apps
  3. 3 Vertical Dots
  4. Show System Apps
  5. Samsung Dex
  6. Force Stop
  7. Clear Cache and Data

Then

1. Settings
  2. Apps
  3. 3 Vertical Dots
  4. Show System Apps
  5. Samsung Dex Home
  6. Force Stop
  7. Clear Cache and Data
userLeHkZU03g9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This did nothing to fix the issue for me (Note 8). When I undock, it seems like a coin toss whether or not my phone's home screen will revert to normal or get messed up, requiring a restart. This happens even without having even launched any app while docked. Also, I've tried all 3 display resolutions, but it happens regardless. 

The only commonality that I've noticed is that after restarting, the Google Play Store always has at least one update that needs to be installed...an odd coincidence, perhaps, but it has been the case 100% of the time for me.

This is super frustrating and is getting to the point where I'm going to consider DeX a bust. At least for Note 8.

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userG6f0yAh2n7: Just checking in to see if you were able to try the steps provided above. 

userbLC7uY63CP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No =/

MagicalWingLT
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also having the same problem with the app replacement getting messed up after I undock my phone. This started happening after the latest security patch released which I believe is January 1st. I had gotten this update a few days ago... I never had to close out of the apps before undocking. I will try it out. I will also try the steps you provided above and provide a update on what happens in a little bit

MagicalWingLT
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungMichelle  I have tried the steps provided and I'm still having the same problem with my apps getting messed up on the home screen after undocking the phone from Dex. I closed the apps before undocking, tried clearing the data... And still nothing worked.... Don't know what else to do. I had installed the lastest security patch last week. I believe it's the Jan update. And it must have done something now....