Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uservlBTbsYfns
Constellation

Samsung Galaxy S8+ Update Issues: "Network Or Server Error" Message

Hello,

I am a new user to this forum.

I bought a fairly new Samsung Galaxy S8+ (unlocked) a couple of days ago, and after I factory-reseted the phone, I cannot update it anymore.

It constantly leaves me this error message:

"Unable to update the software. A network or server error occured. Please try again later."

I tried again at a later time, but this same error message happens. 

Can any of you help out?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8+ Update Issues: "Network Or Server Error" Message

Hello there, I would recommend reaching out to your carrier to see if they can push the update to your device or if they can perform a reflash.

uservlBTbsYfns
Constellation

I appreciate your prompt reply.  According to the previous owner, this Samsung Galaxy S8+ is an original unlocked phone, not a unlocked carrier phone, and they had updated the phone software successfully even without the carrier's SIM card installed.  My carrier is AT&T, I am worrying that if I bring it to AT&T to update phone software, will I have the AT&T version of Android installed or get my phone locked on AT&T network?  I'd like to keep my phone original Samsung version of Android and unlocked.  Thank you again!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I can't speculate on what AT&T adds into the update. However, if you wish to get the update, you'll need to speak with your carrier directly if it does not come through over the network. I apologize I could not be of further help.

Highlighted
uservlBTbsYfns
Constellation

The update should be done over WiFi not AT&T wireless network.  What has it to do with AT&T?  I don't understand