cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userjB7LOdPHMb
Constellation

Samsung Galaxy S8+ Will be upradeable to Android Q ?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung will be upgrading the S8 and S8+ to the latest OS ?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Comet

Samsung Galaxy S8 is a 2 year old device and has already...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Galaxy S8 is a 2 year old device and has already received two major OS update Oreo and Pie. As Samsung only does 2 year support or 2 major OS update, S8 may not get Android Q unless Samsung think of doing something different and updates the S8/Note 8.

NBI

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

4 REPLIES 4
Comet

Samsung Galaxy S8 is a 2 year old device and has already...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Galaxy S8 is a 2 year old device and has already received two major OS update Oreo and Pie. As Samsung only does 2 year support or 2 major OS update, S8 may not get Android Q unless Samsung think of doing something different and updates the S8/Note 8.

NBI

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

userjB7LOdPHMb
Constellation

Excellent Answer!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Excellent Answer!!!

userwZA9REZ6dF
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8+ Will be upradeable to Android Q ?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As the google pixel and XL wich have snapdragon 821 have recived Q and one plus confirmed this update for the 5 I don't think that Samsung won t do the same

The s8 family is special for samsung even its number G950 and not G940 as samsung used to do 

It olso recived 2 bêta softwares wich was not the case

It s olso impossible that the galaxy note 8 and note 7 (FE) dhare the same Version

The Exynos 8895 stills the 4th CPU for samsung after the latest exynos 9

I have many other arguments but my english is a little basic and I can t explain of what I m thinking but i m sure thaat samsung will upgrade it s S8 and Note 8

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8+ Will be upradeable to Android Q ?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Given the past 2 OS update precedence from Samsung I'd place money on a bet that you are wrong.  This is all part of the dark side of the Android ecosystem.