cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userjB7LOdPHMb
Constellation

Samsung Galaxy S8+ Will be upradeable to Android Q ?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung will be upgrading the S8 and S8+ to the latest OS ?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nebula

Samsung Galaxy S8 is a 2 year old device and has already...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Galaxy S8 is a 2 year old device and has already received two major OS update Oreo and Pie. As Samsung only does 2 year support or 2 major OS update, S8 may not get Android Q unless Samsung think of doing something different and updates the S8/Note 8.

NBI

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Nebula

Samsung Galaxy S8 is a 2 year old device and has already...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Galaxy S8 is a 2 year old device and has already received two major OS update Oreo and Pie. As Samsung only does 2 year support or 2 major OS update, S8 may not get Android Q unless Samsung think of doing something different and updates the S8/Note 8.

NBI

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in original post

userjB7LOdPHMb
Constellation

Excellent Answer!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Excellent Answer!!!

userwZA9REZ6dF
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8+ Will be upradeable to Android Q ?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As the google pixel and XL wich have snapdragon 821 have recived Q and one plus confirmed this update for the 5 I don't think that Samsung won t do the same

The s8 family is special for samsung even its number G950 and not G940 as samsung used to do 

It olso recived 2 bêta softwares wich was not the case

It s olso impossible that the galaxy note 8 and note 7 (FE) dhare the same Version

The Exynos 8895 stills the 4th CPU for samsung after the latest exynos 9

I have many other arguments but my english is a little basic and I can t explain of what I m thinking but i m sure thaat samsung will upgrade it s S8 and Note 8

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Given the past 2 OS update precedence from Samsung I'd place money on a bet that you are wrong.  This is all part of the dark side of the Android ecosystem.

user8BQkfAoQym
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi!

As we know, Samsung only does 2 year support or 2 major OS update.

I want to talk about Note 9 and the new Note 10 lite: Why the Note9 won't receive Android 11 Update?  Although the Note9 is two years old, they (Note9, Note10 Lite) have almost the same specs (same chipset, same CPU, same GPU). 

Don't you think it sounds like a scam if Note10 Lite will get Android 11 and the Note9 won't?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's not really a scam.  If you look at the s8 vs s9, they have near exact specs.  But the 2 year update cycle continues.  Of course,  Samsung can pull a fast one and sneak... ("sneak" hehehe  Samsung cannot sneak things that good.) A third OS update.  

As we can see.... the s8 can handle android 10 easley... the note 9 can also handle android 11, as the s9 family can also. 

I believe that it's because these OEMs have sell their devices,  and this encourages sales.