cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user5LgGLqwAT8
Asteroid

Samsung Galaxy S8 stuck on boot (logo)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello everyone, does anyone have any idea what I can do about this? I usually charge my phone when it's still on, but every now and then I turn it off while charging. In this case it said 100% so I turned it on, then nothing, stuck on "Samsung" and it remains on. I've read a few tips here and there about reboots (volume down + power buttons) but no luck; it reboots and gets stuck again. Another method, the volume up + volume down + power buttons (forced shutdown) works arduously but eventually it switches off, yet the same thing happens yet again when booting up. I've also read about ODIN and a possible phone wipe but before I try anything like that I'd like to make sure I tried everything else. Help?! Thanks in advance.

I should note that I didn't install any new apps today and that I was running the latest firmware (etc.). This problem occured suddenly.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userzOve5occQa
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 stuck on boot (logo)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This helped me by using the down volume first worked with the bixby and power button.  The technician did not know to try this method.  Thanks.  BTW, I didn't loose any data.

65 REPLIES 65
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's extremely rare, especially since nothing new had been added to the phone third party app wise. You could try to let the battery run completely dry while stuck on that logo screen, but I'm afraid that could take forever. With the buttons you're pressing, if you can actually get it to the boot menu, have you tried a cache partition wipe?...that would be about the only thing I could think of trying before actually performing the factory reset.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Highlighted
user5LgGLqwAT8
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for your reply. I did manage to get into the boot menu (when I eventually force it to turn off, which takes a bit of doing) and have tried to do a cache partition wipe (several times actually), but to no avail. I also tried waiting to see if it would eventually just boot up (in case it would take ages or something like that) but that didn't work either. So I thought, maybe it's something completely different, removed my sim card (when it was off) and put it back in again; it's not falling for it, sadly. When connecting my phone to my computer it does recognize it (immediately making the new hardware detection sound) but I can't actually open the contents of my phone. I'm afraid I'm going to lose my files because of this weird bug (which is painful enough; I planned on making a new backup when my phone was done charging), thankfully not all of them, but it does hurt. That's why I'm hoping someone has any other idea(s) that might just do the trick before I try the dreaded wipe, thanks in advance.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Let's see if @Acrillix is able to maybe offer some more insight on this. I know how hard it is to end up having to do those full system wipes, so perhaps he's got some more ideas to try on this one.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

user5LgGLqwAT8
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hopefully. Smiley Happy Do I have to contact them with a PM or can they see this?

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tagged them in my last post, so hopefully he'll get notified and show up as soon as he's available to do so.

Samsung_BkKq770
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

do a factory reset that works 

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user5LgGLqwAT8,

Sorry but on this one, you will need to wipe it. I am logging all problems found on a spreadsheet that I will send over to @SamsungMarcos with a number of reoccurrences to see if we can figure out if this is going to be a common issue and why.

Acrillix - Samsung Community Valued Contributor Elite Member
Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and "This Helped Me" if it's helpful.
My Blog - Guru of the Galaxies: http://guruofthegalaxies.com/
user5LgGLqwAT8
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Acrillix

Alright. Smiley Sad Thank you. What is the preferred method for wiping the phone (in this case), and will I need to use Odin for it? I haven't done anything like this before, thank you both so far, hopefully I can soon actually use it again.

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION
No need for ODIN. Just go to the boot menu with 'Wipe System Cache' and select 'Factory Data Reset'.

Acrillix - Samsung Community Valued Contributor Elite Member
Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and "This Helped Me" if it's helpful.
My Blog - Guru of the Galaxies: http://guruofthegalaxies.com/