cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Black Hole

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 stuck on boot (logo)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user6qlNGNIL90: Just checking in to see if you were still in need of assistance. 

Highlighted
userQXjkzaxAmr
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone is having a similar issue and verizon has already ordered me a new phone. I was just wondering when yours was repaired did they have to reset the phone? I am not happy about losing everything on my phone so if there's an option to fix it instead of replace I would like to try that first.

userB4gMUAC1Ww
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A reset worked on mine.  I almost did a reboot.  I am really an not that technical but thinking the reset was the less first step to try to rid of the bizarre lock up I experienced.

user1WYD4nqoKf
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I think this may be the issue with the phone I'm dealing with now. Have read through this entire thread and it seems this phone is doing exactly what the OP's phone was doing Smiley Sad thanks for your help and advice throughout this thread anyway, I'll be off to the Telstra shop today (we're in Western Australia) to see if they can replace the S8 and send the broken one away.
user1WYD4nqoKf
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey I'm so glad I've found this thread - this exact same problem is happening now with my partner's phone. We've tried all the boots and the wipes and it is STILL stuck on the Samsung screen. Will keep reading through this thread to see what the outcome was with your phone..

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Corrupt PIT file? That's a bit concerning... It could mean there is a corrupt binary file stored in the /root directory. It's going to be a file that divides the usable partition from the factory partition. 

Acrillix - Samsung Community Valued Contributor Elite Member
Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and "This Helped Me" if it's helpful.
My Blog - Guru of the Galaxies: http://guruofthegalaxies.com/
user1VocDUOrBT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user5LgGLqwAT8 wrote:

@Acrillix

Sorry to bother you again, but this method does not work. Apparently the whole device is completely locked up somehow, not getting past "Samsung" still. It said it wiped all the data, but after a boot, same thing.

userYkuO3ybV0F
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue

userlLIN4wlNrs
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is an easy fix. Hold power + volume dn + Bixby. You'll see the blue screen then hit Bixby button. Will bring up imei. Hit volume up. Will bring back to logo screen. Hold power and volume down. Presto. You're done.

Again,

Volume dn, power and Bixby buttons, then Bixby button, then volume up, then volume down plus power button. 

Dinglayne
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I know this is an old thread...but similiar event happened to me after taking the ATT OTA update on 6/22 on a Stock S8+. Update went as normal and optimized apps then stuck on open lock and circle screen...after about 3 minutes goes back and optimizes apps and then back to open lock.

Wiped cache...same thing

flashed stock firmware via Odin 3 3.13.1...same thing

I'm still hopefull the Samsung repair at Best Buy has a trick up their sleeve so I don't lose all my pictures...etc...

The only thing I haven't tried is a factory reset...but again...don't want to lose the data if there's any possible solution.

Another weird thing happened 2 months ago...after taking another OTA update from ATT...the phone stopped recognizing my micro SD...because it was encrypted. After that update, the phone thought it was encrypted on another phone (it wasn't)...another loss of pictures/videos of my kids...not very happy with Samsung right now.