cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user5LgGLqwAT8
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 stuck on boot (logo)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Acrillix

Sorry to bother you again, but this method does not work. Apparently the whole device is completely locked up somehow, not getting past "Samsung" still. It said it wiped all the data, but after a boot, same thing.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

And this is after you selected Factory Data Reset, correct? If so...that's not good. That means it's still getting stopped up, and very well could lead to an actual hardware problem with the phone itself.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

user5LgGLqwAT8
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungMarcos

Correct. I have no clue what is going on. Someone said that they might suspect a malfunction in the Flash chip or a corrupt PIT file (?!) but that means nothing to me. There's almost no way to check any of these things from my end- I only have extremely limited access to any kind of menu etc. How about warranty, does it cover this? Thanks.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A corrupt PIT file? That could be REALLY bad. Any thoughts on this @Acrillix?

Where was the phone purchased by the way? Was it from a retailer, or directly from the Samsung site?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

user5LgGLqwAT8
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungMarcos

I purchased it through T-Mobile (my provider). Before this suddenly occured I had no problems with it whatsoever, I loved the thing (upgraded from an S6) and was therefor very shocked this happened. Also because it -seems- I am the only person (or one of the few) that has this problem. I've looked around online but I can't find anything on this exact problem- when people do have booting problems it's usually a 'boot loop' issue (as in, it keeps restarting automatically), but that's different.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah, those with the boot loop normally can get it unstuck. This sounds a lot more severe. If you have time today, I would suggest bringing this to T-Mobile if you already haven't. Carriers are usually pretty good when talking about phones that are actually broken from hardware. Do you remember anything you did with your phone before this started happening?

If you do go see them, let them know what steps you've gone through, and that nothing would get it past that...including a factory reset.

user5LgGLqwAT8
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungMarcos

What I did exactly is what I always do before I charge my phone: clean up my memory a bit by removing the apps from the 'recent' list (forgot the actual term atm), turning the phone off (I don't always do this when charging but every now and then I like to turn it off completely because, well, it's basically -always- on so I figure it can't hurt to turn it off sometimes) and connecting the charger to a regular socket (not through USB on a computer). It charged to 100%, I turned it on (charger cable still attached at first) then came the lock-up. I didn't update my OS or any apps that day and there were no other signs that perhaps indicated an upcoming malfunction (slowdowns/random booting, nothing, it worked perfectly).

I'm taking it to T-Mobile today and see what they have to say, hopefully this can be resolved soon. If possible, I'll ask if they can provide any info on what the problem was precisely and let you know.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please do if they're able to find out anything. They should be able to work with you considering the amount of time you've had it, and all the steps we went through not being able to help at all. It seems to me that it's beyond the troubleshooting point.

user5LgGLqwAT8
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungMarcos

My phone has been repaired, apparently there was a SIMM lock issue, sadly I can't give you more details than that. Thanks for the advice from both you and @Acrillix , it made sure that everything else was tried before sending it in for repair. Hopefully others won't run into the same problem, but at least there'll be some indication as to what the problem is. Keep up the good work!

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for getting back to us about that information! A SIM lock issue, eh? Not to worry, that should be enough for me to notate on this. I'm glad though you were able to get the repair, and hope you run into nothing more severe like this for a loooong long time.

Thanks for being so patient the entire time!